View Poll Results: What is your preferred Free For All server size?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • 16 Player Max

19 21.84%
  • 14 Player Max

0 0%
  • 12 Player Max

13 14.94%
  • 10 Player Max

14 16.09%
  • 8 Player Max

41 47.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Server Player Limits

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar

FFA Server Player Limits

Currently public FFA servers are running with a 12 player maxclients. Do you feel that this is a good size, or would you prefer to see smaller or larger servers?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    I think that you should add a "callvote playersize" thing so the specific server can decide. However, I voted for 10 because I can

Member Flake is on a distinguished road
    I think 12 is right personally but I also think there should be a vote to change the number of slots as this satisfies everyone.

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake View Post
    I think 12 is right personally but I also think there should be a vote to change the number of slots as this satisfies everyone.
    We encourage players who wish to customize their play experience beyond the public servers through Pro launched Stat-a-Matches, where population sizes can be specified.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    We encourage players who wish to customize their play experience beyond the public servers through Pro launched Stat-a-Matches, where population sizes can be specified.
    Oh, if I had realized there was that already I wouldn't have suggested it lol
    (I don't play FFA )

*Nerr
    12 is way to many players on any map, it just turns out as a spamfest which I personally cant enjoy at all. Voted 8 which seems to be the best imo, but 10 could work too.

Member T1z3R is on a distinguished road
    i dont have an opinion really but could you fix the scoreboard so that i can scroll it with my mouse wheel please?

Member Flake is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by SyncError View Post
    What I dont understand is that you have implemented a teamsize feature into team games but not a 'serversize' in FFA. I would personally be annoyed for example if 16 players is victorius in the poll because I think its too many! An on server vote is the way to go because I very very rarely see a 'stat-a-match' on the list.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    12 active players is fine on quite a few maps, lots of people really enjoy that level of carnage, FFA is not duel!

Perhaps even more importantly without dedicated spec slots, it's very important to have at least 12 as lots of games get lots of specs, and without those slots for specs things really would be crushed.

Callvote teamsize being tweaked to set the number of all players in game, and limit the rest to spec only would be the best solution probably.
    Last edited by Yakumo; 09-13-2011 at 03:08 PM.

Member nkh is on a distinguished road
    I understand that FFA is meant to be 'carnage', but I do enjoy an FFA game far more when there are fewer players. The simple reason being that once the server starts exceeding 10+ players it can quite quickly turn into a a continuous loop of;

SPAWN - SPAM YOUR MG - GET GUN - DIE FROM MG SPAM WHILE SWITCHING WEAPON

One thing I would suggest would be to have different sized FFA servers, some with max clients set to 8, rotating SMALL-MEDIUM maps, and others with max clients 16, rotating MEDIUM-LARGE maps...

Thoughts?

*EDIT* Also, Yakumo's suggestion of a vote to limit player size, while keeping spec slots open sounds good too.
    Last edited by nkh; 09-13-2011 at 05:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread