@Lorfa Check the reviews.
    <Anhedonic> DOGS HAVE LEGS
    * Anhedonic has quit IRC (Signed off)

* SyncError sets mode: +m #quakelive

<SyncError> Everyone please note...
    <SyncError> Dogs have legs.
    <SyncError> Okay carry on.
    * SyncError sets mode: -m #quakelive

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anhedonic View Post
    @Lorfa Check the reviews.
    That's exactly what I was doing, but I was using the model number instead because there are 1.0 and 2.0 OEM/Non-OEM versions.

Pretty sure the link is to a 1.0 version with some sort of 1st gen sensor, which if you ever used one of those will understand what the reviews are getting at immediately ;-)

None of the reviews that I found on the 2.0 version were by gamers.

I'm rather concerned about the 3000 fps vs. 6000 on the wmo. Some price has to be paid there, and it should be in the malfunction speed, yet both this and the wmo state in the MS document state 20 inches/sec as the max speed.

I don't think this is true for the wmo even at 125 hz, as 20 inches/sec is ~0.5 m/sec and we know the wmo can handle 1 m/sec at 125 hz, and 1.5 at 500+ hz.

So in this case if the MS document isn't making some kind of low end estimate and it really is 0.5 m/sec, that would be bad for sure :-) Even on my relatively high sens I move the mouse that quick plenty
    Last edited by Lorfa; 09-03-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Member T1z3R is on a distinguished road
    ive done a lines test and taken photos of its insides. if you add me as a friend in QL you can give me your email to send the zip file. bear in mind im no pro so my test lines are alcohol and drug affected

i have noticed zero errors when moving it fast but im probably not the best qualified to test this.

polling rate i dont know how to test?

LOD is fractionally jittery with two regular cds and non existant with two regular and one mini-CD (not sure on their thickness?)

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    i had wmo here, and found the buttons are pretty heavy to push, finger started hurting. so back using the deathadder b.e. atm, it has pros and cons. buttons press easy and relatively silent, mouse is big size, side buttons are really good. so, there are probly better mice out there, this one is def. ok. with 3 mouseskatez it has almost no fraction on raptor gaming hard-plastic pad (wanted to buy another one, but was sold out, again, this one is ok)

Senior Member belka_ is on a distinguished road belka_'s Avatar
    Why dont you guys glue the left mouse button? I did that a few times (cuz it broke 2 times in different places) and it works well. As well you can just glue a simple small piece of plastic instead of those weak pushers.

Glue + plastic = instant win

anyways, if you dont want/lazy/or any other cause, i suggest you to switch to mx518, which has vry good built quality and dies only after a very long time (like 5 years or even more) and mod it (change the mouse feet with Abyssus mouseskatez replacement (Abyssus has very small feet, small feet = less friction, beetter and faster gliding on a mouse pad, usefull for heavy mice like mx518) and remove some weight if possible)
    PLAY MORE belka_ STYLE

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    afk atm, considering what to do :/

possibly, tomorrow off to Yoyotech to ask what warranty would they give me on a DA.. specifying that i know razer shyt breaks easy and if, i want a new one. if they say okies, i'm getting it.

btw ... is the DA equal to/ better to abys? at least equal to ?

Senior Member INCubus is on a distinguished road INCubus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    afk atm, considering what to do :/

possibly, tomorrow off to Yoyotech to ask what warranty would they give me on a DA.. specifying that i know razer shyt breaks easy and if, i want a new one. if they say okies, i'm getting it.

btw ... is the DA equal to/ better to abys? at least equal to ?

Same sensor, but better build quality.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T1z3R View Post
    ive done a lines test and taken photos of its insides. if you add me as a friend in QL you can give me your email to send the zip file. bear in mind im no pro so my test lines are alcohol and drug affected
    Can just upload to filedropper.com or photobucket even better.

i have noticed zero errors when moving it fast but im probably not the best qualified to test this.
    Well that at least says that its sensor is not so bad that it doesn't go haywire. So that's something.

What happens past the malfunction speeds is effectively negative acceleration which takes some doing to detect with any scientific rigor.

polling rate i dont know how to test?
    See http://phoon.us/mouse/ under "polling rate" if you're interested. Is already more work than I'm comfortable with asking of you :-)

LOD is fractionally jittery with two regular cds and non existant with two regular and one mini-CD (not sure on their thickness?)
    So you mean it doesn't track at all with two regular cds and one-mini?

My wmo was not jittery at 2.4 mm (two cds) so that's a good sign the LOD might be even lower.

Senior Member joz is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    How do the lines look in paint? Should be difficult to draw straight lines.

For example: http://www.phoon.us/mouse/prediction.jpg

Its not that difficult to draw straight lines if you are careful. That guy is just particularly careless and exaggerating it.
    I spent a while thinking my deathadder had prediction because of that. I updated to the latest firmware, which supposedly doesnt have prediction, and I still thought I had it.

A better test is to do a large smooth spiral, or try to do angled straight lines that are nearly vertical, or wavy lines.

If you have prediction the nearly straight edges will be flattened out significantly.
    Here is a picture I just drew in paint with my deathadder (no prediction).

Senior Member over2u is on a distinguished road
    hope u get on with ur new choice of mouse what ever that is.. now remember if lose... dont smash it against the wall :P

+ Reply to Thread