Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: QL Movie - Fear

Junior Member power3 is on a distinguished road
    well done my friend

Junior Member Brendon is on a distinguished road
    really liked it, good job

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Was alright, but since you used illegal software (don't say you bought it--I won't believe you) I give it a 5/10
    That was pretty rude pika. First of all, how do you know he is using software illegally? He listed four programs at the end of the video, none of which seem illegitimate, and he did not use phrases like "downloaded" or anything that would hint at such a fact.

Second, even if he did use illegal software, why does it matter? It`s not affecting you, and you shouldn`t judge the quality of a video or any kind of presentation based off legitimacy. I`d much rather watch a high-quality video that used "illegally downloaded" software than a "legitimate" video that was very poor in quality. The same thing applies to other mediums like level design, music, etc.

Nice movie btw. For a first attempt it`s not bad, I like the LG effect. Frags were nice too. Like Marklar said, get rid of the smileys and stuff. I`m not saying you`re immature or "girly" or anything... but they are really more suited to a virtual Hatsune Miku concert or something like that, rather than QL. gj overall though.
    Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 08-28-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    he plays better than me

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    Truncated awards look bad imho(1:54 for example).
    Real life? Life is real?!

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    That was pretty rude pika. First of all, how do you know he is using software illegally? He listed four programs at the end of the video, none of which seem illegitimate, and he did not use phrases like "downloaded" or anything that would hint at such a fact.

Second, even if he did use illegal software, why does it matter? It`s not affecting you, and you shouldn`t judge the quality of a video or any kind of presentation based off legitimacy. I`d much rather watch a high-quality video that used "illegally downloaded" software than a "legitimate" video that was very poor in quality. The same thing applies to other mediums like level design, music, etc.

Nice movie btw. For a first attempt it`s not bad, I like the LG effect. Frags were nice too. Like Marklar said, get rid of the smileys and stuff. I`m not saying you`re immature or "girly" or anything... but they are really more suited to a virtual Hatsune Miku concert or something like that, rather than QL. gj overall though.
    The only reason I include the legitimacy into it is because I VERY highly doubt that a 15 year old would buy the software, when pretty much everything these days are downloaded illegally (for movie-making, Sony Vegas and AE as almost always download illegally)

I tend to look at these videos as more from a professional standpoint (even if there's nothing professional about them or from myself) and I think that if you can't pay for the software, then you shouldn't be using it. It's as simple as that. It wasn't a personal attack or anything, I just think that it's stupid to use illegal software.

Member Frannatic is on a distinguished road Frannatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by power3 View Post
    well done my friend
    hey mate, im glad that i hear that of a professionel video maker

i know its nothing special, but i will try to improve me

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    thx man, ye i know with the smileys wasnt that good from me. But good to hear that u liked it, gives me more motviation to keep improving me and make more videos.

Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    he plays better than me
    hehe, young humans learns faster then older humans. :P

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    and I think that if you can't pay for the software, then you shouldn't be using it. It's as simple as that. It wasn't a personal attack or anything, I just think that it's stupid to use illegal software.
    ye i totally agree with u, but to be honest, who pays a program what costs a few hundred dollars? Im not that guy who download tons of films, cause its damage of the manufacturer, but a program what costs a few hundred dollars, is to much to pay (at least for me).

+ Reply to Thread