+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zoom config and railgun.....

Member Ap0stle is on a distinguished road

Zoom config and railgun.....

Does anyone know of any ZOOM configs like for the railgun that people use? (care to share to help a player lol) I am looking to try to mess around with my config for the railgun but havent been able to find anything that might be useful.....figure I would try here......thanks

Member Essobie is on a distinguished road
    Not really a script, but rather a list of settings. I don't really like to zoom in all that much, and when I do, it's only slightly smaller than my normal FOV (125). Tweak to taste.

set cg_zoomFOV "100" // 22.5 Zoomed field of vision (when +zoom is held down)
    set cg_zoomOutOnDeath "1" // 1 Enable zooming out on death for when you use cg_zoomToggle 1.
    set cg_zoomScaling "0" // 1 Enables transition when changing fov with +zoom.
    set cg_zoomSensitivity "1" // 1 Multiple of current sensitivity while using +zoom.
    set cg_zoomToggle "0" // 0 Enables +zoom to work as a toggle instead of a +action.
    bind SHIFT "+zoom" // Zoom In

Senior Member KittenIgnition is on a distinguished road
    theres a sniper config in pak0.pk3 or something.

Code:
    bind CTRL "vstr snipermodetoggle"
    seta snipermodetoggle "vstr snipermodeon"
    seta snipermodeoff "-speed; -zoom; sensitivity 7.5; set snipermodetoggle vstr snipermodeon; echo Sniper Mode Off..."
    seta snipermodeon "+speed; +zoom; sensitivity 6; set snipermodetoggle vstr snipermodeoff; echo Sniper Mode On..."
    originally in patd.cfg (forget which pak its in since i didnt find it in the new ones :S)

also some kinda cool rail settings... /exec whiterail

if you press ctrl, you will move slower, zoom in, lower your sensitivity and get a little console message. you will have to change the sens for +zoom and -zoom for your own whatever.

ok....so where do I add this - in my personalized .cfg - or make a new .cfg??

exec whitetrail is gonna run what??

Quote Originally Posted by WinEmAll View Post
    ok....so where do I add this - in my personalized .cfg - or make a new .cfg??

exec whitetrail is gonna run what??
    you put it at the end of your autoexec, or make a new config and then /exec < yourconfig >..

and whiterail just makes the rail a solid white rail. it changes r_railcorewidth, cg_railtrailtime, cg_oldrail etc. etc.

awesome - so I will give it a whirl. Does this turn the zoom into a toggle instead of having to hold it down to zoom??

hey and thank you much for your help

Quote Originally Posted by WinEmAll View Post
    awesome - so I will give it a whirl. Does this turn the zoom into a toggle instead of having to hold it down to zoom??

hey and thank you much for your help
    its a toggle, so you press it once and itll stay like that; if you hold it down itll keep going back and forth, and you dont want that...

yea perfect - thats what I wanted. Ill definitely give it a try. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread