+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linux help

*R33LRippon

Linux help

I have Linux Mint 11 LXDE RC2... I Just downloaded quake Plug-in for Fire fox 6.0 and I am having a lot of trouble when I join games. When I join a game I lag when ads come and it takes more time to load the game whenever the ad comes. Once the ad finally finish I try connecting to the game and once it says awaiting snapshot the game doesn't load but when I am in private it seems to work. I don't really get what's wrong with my computer... can anyone tell me?

P.S. don't blame it on the computer cause it actually works on bot matches or training coarse.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    When you're on "awaiting snapshot", what happens if you open the game console and do a /reconnect?

Can you try and disable all firewalls you might have, just to test if that helps you play online?

Try disabling Flash plugin in Firefox add-ons menu and see if you don't get the advertisement "lag" you're describing.

*R33LRippon
    LOL uhh how do i disable it i dont see it in add - ons...

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Ctrl-Shift-A, click Plugins, every plugin has a Disable button. But that was step number 3, the previous two are more important for your main problem (which is that you can't play online).

Senior Member wolf1e is on a distinguished road
    looks like a network problem.. are you running a firewall? (iptables)
    try getting the server's ip with netstat and pinging that address

+ Reply to Thread