+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Starting QUAKE LIVE plugin…

*Duke3D

Wink Run web browser as administrator.

Hi everyone, I managed to fix the probelm by launching my browser as administrator.
    It enabled the pug in to load the last game content and let me play online.

Hope it'll help

Junior Member ajoe is on a distinguished road
    nope
    i played this evening,everything was ok and later (2-3 hours) just keep getting mentioned
    "You are downloading required data and must let it finish before you can join an online match"
    any help is appreciated

Junior Member ajoe is on a distinguished road
    also to note-tried on ie and it worked but ie is sh.. and cannot display properly

Junior Member pchelovod is on a distinguished road
    happy new year everybody!!!
    i use windows vista and i had the same problem, so i have found the solusion - for the firs time you have to start firefox as administrator (to do this just right click the FF shortcut and select "run as administrator"). after that Game Content Update will start and you will happy!

Junior Member ArpeekA is on a distinguished road
    yay! it works! yay!

*arwie
    thank you, so much

Junior Member Mikec is on a distinguished road
    It does work as Administrator... but this is not very good!

For example I have an Admin user and a normal user, I don't want to run games or apps has admin, but has normal user, this however forces me to run a browser has administrator.
    I care about security and so I don't like to run a browser with an Admin account!

I'm glad I can play the game but it would be nice to be able to play it has a normal user!

I'll try to figure out what permissions are failing and post my findings.

[EDIT]
    Got it...

I use ProcessMonitor to find out where I was getting file/reg access problems...

I got "ACCESS DENIED" on "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\manifest.xfer" and other files on the same folder.

Checking the permissions, I was able to find that my account add no permissions in the "id Software" folder, this is strange because its located in my local user folder, but anyway I set it manually and it works from my non admin user

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Mikec; 11-04-2011 at 10:07 AM.

Junior Member N2M is on a distinguished road
    right click on *.exe of your web browser. Go to "compatibility" section and choose "run as administrator.It worked for me.

Junior Member N2M is on a distinguished road
    sorry I didn't read all comments above...
    Anyway. It works!

*kaos847
    How long does it usually take to get game update ir whatever? I'm new and it says i cant play online without it but won't load at all.

+ Reply to Thread