+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to view your skill/tier?

*LuckyArmpit

How to view your skill/tier?

I've looked all over and can't seem to find the info, so please forgive if this has already been posted. How the heck do you tell what your skill/tier is? Or the skill/tier of a server? I ask because last night was the first time my friend and I Quaked together since the update. I joined a server and he could not because it was too far below his skill. I joined a server that was two tiers above my skill, and that server showed up as Skill Matched for him. I see people talking about their skill level and/or tier but I have no idea how to determine that. Can someone please assist? Thanks!

Member bromber is on a distinguished road
    You could get greasemonkey and the plugin Quakelive tier checker (but im not sure how acurate it is since the update) this will show you your tier lvs on the QL page just above your name.

*LuckyArmpit
    Thanks for the reply. I've been reading about that; it seems that it's updated for the new version. So everyone who myseteriously 'knows' what their tier is has been using this script to find out? Guess I'm late to the party, as usual. Thanks!

Senior Member vanBasten is on a distinguished road vanBasten's Avatar
    l
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyArmpit View Post
    How to view your skill/tier?
    GO TO AN EMPTY SERVER, AND TYPE IN THE CONSOLE "SERVERINFO" SCROLL UP AND TAKE NOTE OF "SV_SKILLRATING" THAT NUMBER IS YOUR SKILL RATING(ALL MODS HAVE DIFFERENTS NUMBERS).

EXAMPLE:

CTF SKILLRATING GOES FROM 1 - TO 100

TIER 1= 01-20
    TIER 2= 21-40
    TIER 3= 41-60
    TIER 4= 61-80
    TIER 5= 81-100

THATS ALL.
    "THE CHILI PEPPERS HAVE BABY APPEAL"

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    -^ not correct, 6 tiers now
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Member poop_flusher is on a distinguished road
    Ignore the skillratings and tiers; they aren't done very well.

Just today I joined an empty green checkmark CA server and waited like 10 minutes for anyone to join. By the end of the game people were mad at me and told me to stop tier slumming and to go play people of my own skill. I was there alone first, it's not my fault.

I can only imagine how annoying it is for players who are actually any good. BTW my skillrating was 7 before anyone joined. Why the ratings fluctuate so wildly I don't understand.

*LuckyArmpit
    I went to an empty server, it said my sv_skillrating was 0. Wow, how depressing. Thought I was a bit better than that...

*yezzko
    LuckyArmpit, when u type sv_skillrating in console it is always 0. U have to type /serverinfo in and scroll up and search for skillrating if it's not your cause i apologize then.

*LuckyArmpit
    Thanks for the assist, I tried it in a server with people and it gave me an actual number. Thank you!

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Copy/Paste from a thread I posted on another website:

Well, I've been asked by quite a few people how to tell what their tiers are, so here it is.

First you'll want to download an add-on for Firefox, called Greasemonkey (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748/)
    What Greasemonkey does is let you see your webpage slightly differently by changing small pieces of Javascript. (This link is clean; nothing bad happens if you download it)

Then, after you've installed Greasemonkey and have restarted your Firefox (You MUST restart Firefox or else it won't work) then you need to download the tier viewer program from Userscripts.
    (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/83250)

After you have installed the tier viewer, all you need to do is reload your page for Quake Live and you'll see, in the upper-right hand corner, something like:
    http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/536/large.png

Those are your tiers.

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread