+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 232

Thread: QLPrism: The Lightweight Quake Live Stand-Alone Launcher Bundle

  1. #31
    Senior Member hamstang is on a distinguished road hamstang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    151
    Go into your QLPrism\WebApps\quakelive directory, find the file: "webapp.ini" change the line "trayicon=true" to "trayicon=false"
    Thank you...

  2. #32
    Member Ballermeister is on a distinguished road Ballermeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manilla Road
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by syncore View Post
    It is not a password stealer or a virus. I would not put my name behind this, sign my name to these forum posts promoting it, nor would I feature my own personal premium account (which has my legit billing information) in the screenshot for this software if I had any malicious intentions. But feel free to be paranoid.

    As for everyone else, I'm glad you enjoy this.
    Chill man I'm just being careful is all. Being careful where you type in personal information is a good habit, especially when using the same password for multiple services. I'm not assuming you are trying to steal peoples passwords - I'm just choosing not to see it as an impossibility, for safety reasons - not to offend you or anyone else.
    That being said I like the idea behind this thingie and I'm probably going to give it a try soon.
    Quake. Just talk it.

  3. #33
    Member syncore is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefira View Post
    Chill man I'm just being careful is all. Being careful where you type in personal information is a good habit, especially when using the same password for multiple services. I'm not assuming you are trying to steal peoples passwords - I'm just choosing not to see it as an impossibility, for safety reasons - not to offend you or anyone else.
    That being said I like the idea behind this thingie and I'm probably going to give it a try soon.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be so harsh when I wrote that response a few days ago, I'm just trying to help people and I would probably share your concerns too

  4. #34
    Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Bar at Drunk Clan
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by choperlizer View Post
    @syncore: what is the skin that you are using on the screenshot http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3452/qlpmain.jpg and do the numbers (bottom-right) represent different monitors like in linux?
    We can use different monitors/screens in OSX natively like Linux. I'm looking for a good program to do that in Win7 as I play QL on my win partition but don't know much about win software... any suggestions would be nice...
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

    Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

  5. #35
    Member syncore is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by choperlizer View Post
    @syncore: what is the skin that you are using on the screenshot http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3452/qlpmain.jpg and do the numbers (bottom-right) represent different monitors like in linux?
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    We can use different monitors/screens in OSX natively like Linux. I'm looking for a good program to do that in Win7 as I play QL on my win partition but don't know much about win software... any suggestions would be nice...

    That SS was taken in Windows Server 2008 and the theme there is called Auriel. (note: Win. Server 2008 and Vista use the same theming engine, so this will not be compatible with Windows 7).


    I think my Windows 7 setup (modified version of a theme called 'Nooto') is nicer, Anyway, the numbers at the bottom are just icons for my dock (using RocketDock). If you're looking for good virtual desktop software, the best software for that, for Windows, is probably Dexpot.

  6. #36
    Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Bar at Drunk Clan
    Posts
    2,573
    If you're looking for good virtual desktop software, the best software for that, for Windows, is probably Dexpot.
    Giving it a go now.. Many thanks..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

    Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

  7. #37
    Senior Member insect is on a distinguished road insect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    455
    I use firefox with many tabs open, and chrome is suddenly not supported... QLPrism was the solution
    Only problem so far is it installs shortcuts in menu "Programs", while the folder may have different names in nationalized windows, I have "Programy". Now there's a new folder in menu - "Programs" with only QLPrism inside.
    Last edited by INCubus; 09-19-2011 at 10:46 AM. Reason: edited for content
    ...

  8. #38
    Member syncore is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by insect View Post
    Only problem so far is it installs shortcuts in menu "Programs", while the folder may have different names in nationalized windows, I have "Programy". Now there's a new folder in menu - "Programs" with only QLPrism inside.
    Thank you very much for reporting this. I had no idea that this occurred. Run the "Uninstall QLPrism" shortcut from the QLPrism folder on your Start Menu. Then delete the left-over QLPrism from your hard drive. Head over to http://www.qlprism.us/download/ and grab the new version -- I believe I have fixed this bug (and some others) and it should now install to the proper programs folder for nationalized Windows Please report back.


    Also for everyone else: QLPrism has been updated with other changes

  9. #39
    Senior Member wolf1e is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    220
    linux version?

  10. #40
    Senior Member insect is on a distinguished road insect's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    455

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by syncore View Post
    Thank you very much for reporting this. I had no idea that this occurred. Run the "Uninstall QLPrism" shortcut from the QLPrism folder on your Start Menu. Then delete the left-over QLPrism from your hard drive. Head over to http://www.qlprism.us/download/ and grab the new version -- I believe I have fixed this bug (and some others) and it should now install to the proper programs folder for nationalized Windows Please report back.
    Thx for the fix! Now QLPrism creates shortcuts in the proper folder
    ...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts