+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DevPick Aug 5-7: FreezeTag

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

DevPick Aug 5-7: FreezeTag

QuakeCon rolls on in its second day, and QUAKE LIVE is on-site from the Hilton Anatole in Dallas. In addition to the tournament stream which can be accessed at the top of every page, we've also unlocked premium arenas this weekend. Considering today is Friday, the only logical conclusion is a special FreezeTag DevPick.

While it's very easy to make a summer related pun around FreezeTag, especially as temperatures reach 110 Fahrenheit and above, I personally have too much respect for the art of the pun to lower myself to such chilling depths. There will be no weather wordplay in this post, whether you like it or not. However, there will be FreezeTag, which comes in two great tasting flavors: FreezeTag classic, and InstaFreeze, all the fun of FreezeTag but with only a rail slug to the head.

FreezeTag will be running on our standard servers all QuakeCon weekend long, but is always available to play for those who subscribe. Have fun!

Senior Member keefy is on a distinguished road
    Awesome its been ages since I played freeze tag.

Senior Member mi will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    In addition to the tournament stream which can be accessed at the top of every page, we've also unlocked premium arenas this weekend. Considering today is Friday, the only logical conclusion is a special FreezeTag DevPick.
    Lots of good stuff

Tournament stream on ql page was a great idea, only in game it's hard to say if something interesting is being streamed. So you could also broadcast a message to every server when a great game starts (like the pro duels).

Senior Member belka_ is on a distinguished road belka_'s Avatar
    Finally id has made something really good whithout screwing up well, free premium will be short, but the idea is good.

If it will be like that later, then id is finally started going the right way.

Maybe something serious will happen in near future?...
    PLAY MORE belka_ STYLE

Senior Member Goser is on a distinguished road
    thx ID! I love playing freeztag and the premium maps on full servers, please keep it up this way, so we finaly can enjoy the new stuff.

Banned MalaMala is an unknown quantity at this point
    Nice I love this weekend. I love FT am tier 4 every thing except ft (do not pay) try to get that in today. love it, peace!
    PS Quake Con is awesome im here right now.

Senior Member IntoBeing is an unknown quantity at this point
    You're really going to delete my post for saying that Freeze Tag is massively glitched? Seriously? It's not like everyone playing Freeze Tag won't see the numerous "Server command overflows" every time the map changes and its not like they won't see people thawing through floors, ceilings, and huge walls which isn't suppose to be allowed. What good is deleting my post going to do? LOL!!! All of the newbies are playing Freeze and seeing just how shoddy the game is programmed. Having free Freeze was the worst idea ever. At least they could have fixed the glitches before letting the potential customers play it. Now there's no way they will buy a subscription. Very poor planning.
    Help create master bug/glitch list: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...bugs-not-fixed

Senior Member bliss is on a distinguished road bliss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IntoBeing View Post
    You're really going to delete my post for saying that Freeze Tag is massively glitched? Seriously? It's not like everyone playing Freeze Tag won't see the numerous "Server command overflows" every time the map changes and its not like they won't see people thawing through floors, ceilings, and huge walls which isn't suppose to be allowed. What good is deleting my post going to do? LOL!!! All of the newbies are playing Freeze and seeing just how shoddy the game is programmed. Having free Freeze was the worst idea ever. At least they could have fixed the glitches before letting the potential customers play it. Now there's no way they will buy a subscription. Very poor planning.
    That doesn't happen to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by bliss View Post
    That doesn't happen to me.....
    Nice try id employee with alt account.
    Help create master bug/glitch list: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...bugs-not-fixed

Lol @ forum mod giving me an "infraction" for calling out glitches. Nice job making a mockery of the forum rules. People cussing like sailors and making racist remarks without penalty and I get an "infraction" for no reason. Good job!!!

+ Reply to Thread