+ Reply to Thread

Thread: An instance of Quake Live is already running. Please close this web page.

*CURINGAO

An instance of Quake Live is already running. Please close this web page.

can't connect and this message always appears "FATAL ERROR An instance of Quake Live is already running. Please close this web page."

please help i love quake since 98

Senior Member range is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CURINGAO View Post
    can't connect and this message always appears "FATAL ERROR An instance of Quake Live is already running. Please close this web page."

please help i love quake since 98
    There are 3 causes/solutions that come to mind:

Close QLDT, if you have that up/installed. Then close and re-open your browser.

Stop using chrome.

Close Firefox, then make sure all firefox processes are closed. Re-open firefox

Yep this error occures often on chrome but is easily solved: just press shift+ESC to bring the chrome task manager up, then kill the running Quakelive plugin. Reopen quakelive in a new tab, it works
    French Frag Factory - Quake, news & trolls since 1998

*lakitu64
    I am also having this problem on IE. I tried clearing my cache, killing the process, reopening my browser, and restarting my computer but nothing seems to work.

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Anyone here recently "upgraded" to IE10 in Windows 7? Uninstall it, roll back to IE9, carry on playing.

Senior Member lmiol is on a distinguished road
    i have this error only on firefox 24, on 9.0.1 dont have this error

Senior Member SLEEHUNTER is on a distinguished road
    I dropped IE and loaded Firefox and that particular fault went away for me. It was a pain in the you know what for awhile for me.

Junior Member Blaq is on a distinguished road
    download QLPrism and forget about all that! Great lightweight program that will encapsulate Quake live in a sleek UI. Also adds some nice features like being able to find out your ping on all server locations, and viewing your ELO ratings. etcetc. I got it for the convenience but also to avoid some of the errors I used to get.

+ Reply to Thread