+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Quitting CTF before end of game...oh and a different map.

Junior Member sevenup1 is on a distinguished road
    yeah I like the idea of only showing wins/quits and it would be good to combine that with if you quit say some amount of a set number of matches in a row (like 4 matches in every 9) then a mark could be put on your profile and to get rid of it you have to play so many matches to the end without quitting.

that would not unfairly punish people who have to leave for genuine reasons vary rarely, only the serial quitters

also second the point about FFA losses as it is silly

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    yep so many quits should have a penalty or even a temporary ban, that'll stop em
    [size=4][font="tahoma"]Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

Member SonicFlare is on a distinguished road
    Am I the only one who don't give sh1t about statistics?
    I've here for the fun, not for damn numbers of sh1t

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Sonic, we don't say we care about stats, but a lot of people do. Teamgames are pretty much ruined most of the time because of this. Since stats are the reason, we need to change something with that, that's what we are discussing. Not showing loss, giving loss on quit, penalties, anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

Junior Member TaD is an unknown quantity at this point
    Here's my opinion... for what it's worth.

Getting rid of losses won't change anything really. You have to remember, the people that quit.... don't seem to care. But you can't always look at those who quit in games as being a "problem". Some people play at work, some people have kids to tend to, some people have internet problems/lag/game glitches. Not everyone that quits is attempting to leave the game ust so their stats are not effected.

I personally have about 100+ quits. My reason was my internet. I had a bad line and would lag out and my modem would reset. Sometimes I could go days without a problem, sometimes it would happen 10 games in a row..... it wasnt something I could control. Maybe 20 or so quits are legit..... due to having kids to tend to. At times... you just "gotta go".

I think everyone is looking at this situation backwards. Why worry about the people's stats who quit? I suggest 2 things....

1. Carry your score when you switch teams. 90% of the time, the people who are top scorers don't want to switch because they have to start their score all over. I'm one of those who switch everytime to keep team balanced... but not if im having a good game...which ties into the second part...

2. Allow you to retain stats for a game you switch. The problem I have is if I am having a game I would like to see my stats for what ever reason at the end of the game on my profile... I can't if I switch teams. Even if I start on 1 team for 1 second and switch after the game starts.... I won't get my name on the stats for the game.

The mod that some play for Q3, noghost, carries your score over if you switch teams.... so it can be done. Stat page wise it would look odd in CTF if people with awards switch and add awards for the other team leaving the stats unbalanced... but ID is a software company. I'm sure they can maybe add a (#) in red next to the awards you get on a team you finish with and use teh red numbers for the stats you had from prior to the switch?

Either way, I think this is being looked at wrong. Screw the people who maliciously quit for stat reasons, make it better stat wise for those who play the full game.

*koddici
    What no silly Mod comment about how we are all just wrong?

TaD, back in Beta (which was less bugged than this "final", lol) you could see all your stats in the match if you switched teams. I think it's a bug now, but you know, you can't be sure these days.
    Ranked instagib marked as "unranked", max playerslots for every match, I thought these were all bugs, but they "work as intended", so maybe getting a quit on teamswitch and seemingly messing up match statistics the same time is normal too.
    So before this new QL, if you got 10 frags in a team and switched, you still got those frags added to your stats and you could see them in your history.

I'm not talking about quitters really. You said you are one of those who switch to balance teams. Well, there aren't many of these kind of players. Most of the times the game just goes on without anyone from the winning team trying to balance the match. They just stay there, they won't get a loss, they will be happy. That's what I'm talking about mainly.

I know what you say btw, you can't predict everything, "gotta go" situations happen to everyone. As for the quits, I got a nice stack too, most of those were punkbuster kicks when I got kicked from almost every match like half a year ago. Counting PB kicks for those "heartbeats stopped" and "pocket loss" as quits is plain stupid, but well, works as intended.
    Last edited by Marklar; 08-23-2010 at 02:31 AM.

*cast1990
    I dont have anything to suggest or add to this, just to agree that people quitting mid game and not team balancing is a problem.

I used to play a lot of online PC games but recently have been playing on console mostly. I remember when I used to play on PC if someone quit and the teams became unbalanced, someone would write "teams" and then there would always be someone who was willing to switch. So when I started playing QL when teams became unbalanced i would change team, that was until i was on the unballanced team and noone switched. I played for a couple of hours yesterday and for the majority of the time i was on a team with one fewer people and a lot of the time with 2 fewer. There were occasions when my team had more people but either way the game isnt fun if you're either being ***** by 3 people at a time or getting easy kills when the enemys are outnumbered.

I was suprised when I found there was no auto team balance but realised that with stats now becoming an issue that made sense. Anyway, I realise I've added nothing to this thread but have had a chance to complain so am happy!

Quote Originally Posted by cast1990 View Post
    Anyway, I realise I've added nothing to this thread but have had a chance to complain so am happy!
    Welcome to the Quake Live forums, enjoy your stay.

Btw, you summarized the issue well.

Junior Member TaD is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post

I'm not talking about quitters really. You said you are one of those who switch to balance teams. Well, there aren't many of these kind of players. Most of the times the game just goes on without anyone from the winning team trying to balance the match. They just stay there, they won't get a loss, they will be happy. That's what I'm talking about mainly.
    The problem is.... how can you tell who is who? Who is leaving because they want to preserve their stats and who is leaving for legit reasons..... you unfortunately can't.

And the "bug" in the system with the team switch counting as a quit.... well, until that's fixed it's going to stay the way it is..... most wont switch. It sucks... but until the system is running right there's really nothing anyone can do. I still switch if it's needed... but just like today.... I played a game that started 3v3... then went 2v3, then 1vs3. They 2 people quit in the first 30 seconds of the game. So I switched to even it out. Ended up doing good that game... but other then the screenshot... I show a quit and no stats.

Kinda makes you not want to switch teams.

+ Reply to Thread