+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Fixes

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    I hate the clipping on some maps... Chemical reaction: http://i.imgur.com/FUsEr.png you can't jump over that. Hidden Fortress: http://i.imgur.com/US9g0.png if you jump forward here you can stop dead instead of sliding down the rocky wall.

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    on dreadwerkz, you can fall in the lava under RA and not die - seen it w/ me own eyes.
    Alright I found a gap where you can fall in and not die. Image in OP. That's the only place where you could technically not die. If it's anywhere else that you saw that happen then it's a code and/or hardware (apparently) issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    Oh, and Revolver has disappearing grate: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...w-revolver-map
    BTW, I think there must have been two versions of this map in Q3 because I've heard you couldn't shoot through the grate in the original.
    http://q3a.ath.cx/download.php/ra3map11.pk3

I wouldn't have known about it if someone (who knows RA3 quite well) didn't tell me.

I'll get around to all the other posts soon.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Hidden Fortress also has that camping spot high in shaft room. Then there's a wall behind the 25 between exit of rail tele and GL corridor. When you walk against that corner, you... shake. Not enough to dodge rails though :/

Furious Heights also has walls-shakers next to RL teleporter exit (if you come from shards and mis the door, you can climb above the door frame with a bit of luck).

On Tornado there's a door between mid and YA room. If you hit one side of this door at high speed, you will be crushed (remember: high speed and the corner between door and wall). Easy to do strafe jumping from top of jumppad (take care not to hit metal supports on your way as you will miss the corner and not get damage). We've discovered this in game when someone was catapulted into the door with a rocket. I hope something like that happens at QuakeCon! ;)

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    Ahh, and on Overlord there`s red jump pads on the blue side. lolfail.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar

Thumbs up

"Visible caulk" HOMs:
    - Grim Dungeons on the wall above low RL.
    - Devilish in the small lava.
    Where's lava in Devilish? Can't see any HOM in Grim Dungeons - screenshot please?

Too dark maps (with lightmap, places where models are dark or walls are black, NOT vertex bugs):
    - Purgatory in quad room where 2 ammo crates are.
    - Sorrow at LG.
    - Tornado on back of the boxes with RL below RA.
    - Devilish in the SG/CG/RA area and path to LG with that useless place with a spawn.
    - Dies Irae practically everywhere (only cityy can save this map with his 4000 lights).
    I don't see any excessive darkness there, but then again I'm rocking r_gamma 1.75.

Anyone else here have the lighting problems that he's mentioned?

Other:
    - Battleforged has GL ammo in TDM layout even though there's no GL. Personally I'd replace top RL with GL, 2 RLs in TDM layout make this map all rocket corner camping, which I hate.
    Ah yes, I remember that from when I was doing this. Grenades always spawn and GL is duel-only. Will add that along with your item suggestion.

Oh, and Revolver has disappearing grate: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...w-revolver-map
    To be added.

Quote Originally Posted by _ARYX_ View Post
    also the stairs should not be stuck to the wall, i suggest to let a tiny small amount of space between the stairs and the wall to be able to throw grenades at it while being down.
    To be added.

Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    I hate the clipping on some maps... Chemical reaction: http://i.imgur.com/FUsEr.png you can't jump over that. Hidden Fortress: http://i.imgur.com/US9g0.png if you jump forward here you can stop dead instead of sliding down the rocky wall.
    Yeah it seems some map designers make great maps, then ruin it with really shoddy and excessive clipping. I did a fixed up set of slipping for those but my problematic harddrive has just died so I've lost it. Your screenshots will have to do for now. To be added.

Hidden Fortress also has that camping spot high in shaft room. Then there's a wall behind the 25 between exit of rail tele and GL corridor. When you walk against that corner, you... shake. Not enough to dodge rails though :/

Furious Heights also has walls-shakers next to RL teleporter exit (if you come from shards and mis the door, you can climb above the door frame with a bit of luck).

On Tornado there's a door between mid and YA room. If you hit one side of this door at high speed, you will be crushed (remember: high speed and the corner between door and wall). Easy to do strafe jumping from top of jumppad (take care not to hit metal supports on your way as you will miss the corner and not get damage). We've discovered this in game when someone was catapulted into the door with a rocket. I hope something like that happens at QuakeCon!
    Can you provide demos? That'll also help Id to have a better idea of the problems. I've never seen or heard of those issues before, although I was once 'squashed' pre-round in CA on Quarantine once when falling down near mega tele. That was one hell of a *** moment.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    Ahh, and on Overlord there`s red jump pads on the blue side. lolfail.
    Makes me wonder what the focus group people actually test. How something like that can pass focus testing is beyond me. To be added.

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road

Hidden Fortress

In Hidden fortress, in the Lg room you can rocket jump to a peice of rock on the southern portion of the room. you can take advantage of this map dev's mistake of not putting enough clip brush, and can hide in clan arena matches.

Member kaetor_ is an unknown quantity at this point
    You could. or you could do something useful to yourself or the team. Not exactly a major glitch.

it still is a good place to go if you are by yourself

Like i said, top of hidden fortress Lg room jutting out rock, rj to get there

*nwa675
    Problems:
    T9 (House of Decay), One can fall through a hole at LG
    The Mega-respawn time on certain maps also affects dm17.
    Courtyard: Move plasma. Right now it sits in the middle of nowhere. Maybe move to the upper level, or move plasma to GL, then move GL to top level.

+ Reply to Thread