+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Map Fixes

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar

Question Map Fixes

There are always issues with maps that need pointing out. This thread serves as a place for anyone to report any map-related problems in the hope that the devs will address them. I might update this post periodically.

Clipping Issues

Chemical Reaction:
    Hidden Fortress:
    Retribution:
    Revolver:
    • You're meant to be able to shoot through the top grate, in this version it isn't possible. That makes a major difference compared to the original map to such a degree that it doesn't even play the same way as the original does.
    Misc. Issues

Asylum, Quarantine, Trinity:
    • Missing intermission cameras.

Revolver:

Visible Caulk or HOM Issues

Quarantine:

• Wall next to small jumppad, next to main jumppad.
    Last edited by TheMuffinMan86; 05-15-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    Sorrow: PG ammo stuck in lava below grate next to Quad. (requires noclip to see, caught it when speccing with /noclip since the spectator code changes)
    Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 07-16-2011 at 05:32 AM.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldTiger View Post
    Sorrow: PG ammo stuck in lava below grate next to Quad. (requires noclip to see, caught it when speccing with /noclip since the spectator code changes)
    Good find! Added.

Senior Member iSuckz is on a distinguished road iSuckz's Avatar
    on dreadwerkz, you can fall in the lava under RA and not die - seen it w/ me own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by iSuckz View Post
    on dreadwerkz, you can fall in the lava under RA and not die - seen it w/ me own eyes.
    Similar to that ctf3 exploit? Never seen that so I'll have to check that out first.

Member Niezbo is on a distinguished road
    Oh my god. When You people will learn that it is NOT! lava - it is Fog of Death.
    About dredwerkz - I have seen it recently, similar trick is possible in Grim Dungeons near SG
    ppl who disbalanced teams:
    naity; _Smd; d3w10n; onager; Guiro; xGaGax

*DrewPWiener

Great suggestions OP

Thanks for taking the time to point these out. I have experienced some of these issues before, but did not bother to point them out. I am glad there are people who do.

Hopefully, some of them can be adjusted in the next update.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    From memory as I can't play where I'm atm :) Confirm before pasting to OP :)

"Visible caulk" HOMs:
    - Grim Dungeons on the wall above low RL.
    - Devilish in the small lava.

Too dark maps (with lightmap, places where models are dark or walls are black, NOT vertex bugs):
    - Purgatory in quad room where 2 ammo crates are.
    - Sorrow at LG.
    - Tornado on back of the boxes with RL below RA.
    - Devilish in the SG/CG/RA area and path to LG with that useless place with a spawn.
    - Dies Irae practically everywhere (only cityy can save this map with his 4000 lights).

Other:
    - Battleforged has GL ammo in TDM layout even though there's no GL. Personally I'd replace top RL with GL, 2 RLs in TDM layout make this map all rocket corner camping, which I hate.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Oh, and Revolver has disappearing grate: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...w-revolver-map
    BTW, I think there must have been two versions of this map in Q3 because I've heard you couldn't shoot through the grate in the original.

*Jolinaar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan86 View Post
    Revolver:You're meant to be able to shoot through the top grate, in this version it isn't possible. That makes a major difference compared to the original map to such a degree that it doesn't even play the same way as the original does.
    also the stairs should not be stuck to the wall, i suggest to let a tiny small amount of space between the stairs and the wall to be able to throw grenades at it while being down.

+ Reply to Thread