+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ESL::. Quake Live Team Deathmatch 2on2 Cup #2(July 20/11) Pro keys to the winners

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar

ESL::. Quake Live Team Deathmatch 2on2 Cup #2(July 20/11) Pro keys to the winners

Maps have changed

All matches are played on Quake Live servers hosted by ID Software. Just use the ingame browser to create a Private Server(please remember if your match is being cast live to pass on the password to to the ESL admin on the irc channel):

Distance: Best of 3
    Map pool:
    Map pool: Almost Lost, Bloodrun, Campgrounds, Retribution, and Trinity
    Timelimit: 20 minutes
    Roundlimit: Most team Kills WINS!
    Map Picks: Top seed picks first - Pick, pick (All Cups hosted by ESL will be RANDOM seeds!)

Any map that might be added before Quakecon is also in the pool. Some matches will be streamed/cast.

Channel #esl.quakelive (Gamesurge)

http://www.nationalesl.com/us/quakel..._2/leagueinfo/
    Last edited by Adderall; 07-13-2011 at 10:38 PM.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

looking for more teams

Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member mellow is on a distinguished road mellow's Avatar
    How many teams and who has signed up? Also, just FYI, the last map in the pool is turrible. Hidden Fortress, Solid, and maybe even Sorrow (great 2v2 map) would be much more suited.

#NATDM.QL on Quakenet IRC

8 teams will be needed to start, so far we only have 1 listed. I guess people with standard accounts don't read this part of the forums. That is why the map pool is not premium. Maps can be voted on if both sides approve

Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Member Higgs is on a distinguished road Higgs's Avatar
    Man... all of the recent inactivity in NA Quake scene is really sad to see. Only one team signed up to this (mine), ZERO teams are signing up for CSN 4v4 tdm, and I'm trying to mess around in FFA on the new map wargrounds, but even that has zero players join the server! like ***, can't play ql anymore unless its pub ca or duel tournies... so sad.

Senior Member range is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    Man... all of the recent inactivity in NA Quake scene is really sad to see. Only one team signed up to this (mine), ZERO teams are signing up for CSN 4v4 tdm, and I'm trying to mess around in FFA on the new map wargrounds, but even that has zero players join the server! like ***, can't play ql anymore unless its pub ca or duel tournies... so sad.
    I didnt know about this or the CSN 4v4.. :/

Senior Member coveryfire is on a distinguished road coveryfire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs View Post
    All of these tournaments should be on the front page of the Quake Live site with links to sign up. Not everyone is on IRC or reads these forums.

fire I've been saying that when I was doing ngl stuff. With giving away pro keys, it should be on the main page.

Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Senior Member mellow is on a distinguished road mellow's Avatar
    You can't really blame players for the lack of inactivity in Quake. The game has been around for over a decade, with lots of loyal fans, and it's still being played by new people each day. The only problem is that Quake Live's Clan Arena mode has become the most popular due to it not being that hard. You're handed everything off the bat, without any need to control or time weapons and items. Also, the players have taken the initiative to host tournaments for the games as well. CSN, ESL, NGL, Rumble Pit, etc. All the admins are Quake players themselves. Id software does one tournament a year, QuakeCon, and even then they can't seem to be competent or driven enough to make sure it goes without a hitch. You would have liked to think that this year would be different, especially with the game failing out of two major organizations (ESWC/IEM), but no, id Software still produces **** maps and useless cvars rather than fixing the obviously broken netcode or server routing.

The players have done id's job for them ever since Quake 3 was released in 1999. Making tournaments, mods, maps, and the like. I'm not saying Quake Live is a bad game, and I'm not ragging on id Software for taking money off an updated version of Quake 3, I just think it's really sad to see so many resources and time being wasted into producing things that benefit the game for maybe a day instead of forever.

#NATDM.QL on Quakenet IRC

plus one plus one /10 char lulz

Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

+ Reply to Thread