2 7.41%
  • Yes: because I am tired of playing with the same people

25 92.59%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Make All OS Systems play QUAKELIVE

*XxXEXOXxX

Make All OS Systems play QUAKELIVE

I Would like to tell the Quake Live community and the people who work at Quake Live to introduce more updates for more people to play. What do i mean you might say. Well, Lets make Quake Live make updates so that Linux users and Mac users play quake! Now I know what you are thinking

Person: They already have updates that allows Linux and Mac Users to install Quake Live Plugin.
    Well that is not true i mean it is but it does not work. This is a good thing for Quake Live and the people and here is how. More people can play! and Quake Live can make more money then they did before. Think about it. Right now there is a bunch of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 users playing. Now imagine how it will be like if Mac users and Linux Users can play also? Not only this will be the most best first person shooter that will be introduced to Linux or Mac but it will help Quake Live also as well. Since they are making money from Windows XP, Vista, and windows 7 users. They will make also more money from Linux and Macintosh users as well. Think about Living in a world where there are good gamers out there using Mac or Linux and you don't get a chance to face them because of this lousy, stupid, and pathetic plug-in that doesn't work for Linux and Mac and if you guys don't believe me I can show you proof! So come on guys would you rather face the same people you see everyday or face competitive gamers that want to play but can't. Steam A.k.A Valve Cooperation even took the liberty and decided to add Macintosh to there system requirements Proofs HERE

Proof 1: Mac and Linux don't work: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/searc...earchid=575023

Proof 2: Steam introduce Macintosh as a system requirement to play steam games: http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Note: some Information in proof 1 might show that linux work and or Linux dont work and Please support. please Do not use rude language.

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    I support this of course, however I do personally know people that play this on linux and mac with little/no problems. I use windows, so I can't debate any shortcomings for playing on those.

Senior Member jstn is on a distinguished road jstn's Avatar
    Plug-in works fine for Linux + FF3, its just that:

1: Most full-time Linux users aren't gamers. Nobody's installing Linux for the games.
    2: Most Linux users don't actually know wth they're doing half the time and start complaining that it doesn't work when all they need to do is tweak the plug-in a little bit or keep an older version of Firefox installed.

*XxXEXOXxX
    yeah but I am a new user and i didn't really ask for my parents to get me Linux they bought it. Besides as far as I know theres a lot of mac gamers when it comes to steam. I've played them before when I had windows 7(Broke)

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    your parents didnt have to buy *.nix tons of 100% free ones
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    You should find a topic in technical support about linux and post what your issues are and most likely someone would be able to help you out.

*_adderall is right btw

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    There already is a petition to get the Mac OS X port out of beta (it works but has really common performance problems).

Linux port works pretty good, there are obvious things to fix (update install.rdf and allow me to bind all keys maybe?) but there are documented workarounds and it's not that bad. Meanwhile this thread suggests it doesn't work at all (while for over a year it worked better than Windows version). So what's the point again?

PS. Rumor is... there are more QL players using Mac OS X than Linux :/

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    There already is a petition to get the Mac OS X port out of beta (it works but has really common performance problems).

PS. Rumor is... there are more QL players using Mac OS X than Linux :/
    Yea.. but us smart mac owners also keep a Windows partition because we can use it to play QL full speed ahead. Without the browser crashes and friends list mucking up and not being able to get over 80 fps,etc.

Once ID fixes the bugs in QL for OSX.. my "Bill Gates Partition " gets deleted!
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

*zombielunch

Thumbs down

I'm a mac user and quake live plays horribly. I generally can't even finish a full game without at least 1 browser crash.

I've tried using Firefox 5, Chrome 13 and Safari 5. Each of the 3 browsers share the common flaw in that they crash often, but they also have their own independent flaws that add even more misery. See below.

Firefox crashes after exiting a match or when you try to update video settings in game.
    Chrome plays with the mouse cursor stuck in the middle of your cross-hair. It also refreshes your friends list nonstop with an error message saying Disconnected: 3 ConnStream.
    Safari doesn't allow you to add or accept friend invites.

I suppose Safari is the best choice when playing on a mac, but it's still going to randomly crash on you.
    Last edited by zombielunch; 07-25-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Senior Member thecoupe is on a distinguished road thecoupe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XxXEXOXxX View Post
    yeah but I am a new user and i didn't really ask for my parents to get me Linux they bought it. Besides as far as I know theres a lot of mac gamers when it comes to steam. I've played them before when I had windows 7(Broke)
    Do you have Red Hat or something? What distro do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by zombielunch View Post
    I'm a mac user and quake live plays horribly. I generally can't even finish a full game without at least 1 browser crash.
    Intel or PowerPC?
    Last edited by thecoupe; 07-25-2011 at 11:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread