View Poll Results: Should QuakeLive add Chrome and Chromium as a browser to play on

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES: (Explain in this thread WHY!?!)

67 88.16%
  • NO: (Explain in this thread WHY!?!)

9 11.84%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Petition to make Chrome and Chromium part of QUAKELIVE!!!

*XxXEXOXxX

Petition to make Chrome and Chromium part of QUAKELIVE!!!

I want to make a petition because I've noticed lately that people would rather use chrome or chromium as the official quake live gaming browser and Iv'e noticed that there is a lot of Linux users out there trying to play but can't like me :(.

Reasons why Quake Live should add Google Chrome and Chromium

1. Linux Users get a chance to play Quake Live.
    2. Chrome and Chromium are the Best, Fastest, Safest browser out there.
    3. Increase in FPS (Frames Per Second).
    4. more competition against Linux users like myself :).
    5. Quake Live makes more money from Linux Users and Windows Users!
    6. This Benefits everyone and Quake Live.

All I have is 6 reasons on the top of my head I will add more later but if anyone have a reason why they should add Chrome Or Chromium speak now and ill add it in the list!

There is going to be a poll. Vote yes and type why its a good idea or... Vote no and type why its a bad idea.

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    "There is going to be a poll. Vote yes and type why its a good idea or... Vote no and type why its a bad idea."

Why did you not start a poll to begin with? And don't whine because Chrome is not supported in Linux. It's not supported in Windows or OSX officially by QL..

(swampy uses a macbook..boots into Win7 and uses Chrome to play QL)
    Last edited by swampy; 07-06-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Junior Member tossminge is on a distinguished road
    No thanks F2.

*XxXEXOXxX
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy25 View Post
    "There is going to be a poll. Vote yes and type why its a good idea or... Vote no and type why its a bad idea."

Why did you not start a poll?
    It's Right above this thread what are you talking about?

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XxXEXOXxX View Post
    It's Right above this thread what are you talking about?
    I'm sorry.. I'm drunk.. but why did you not ask for Chrome to be supported on all 3 systems? OSX,Win, and Linux?
    drunk clan

*XxXEXOXxX
    Quote Originally Posted by swampy25 View Post
    I'm sorry.. I'm drunk.. but why did you not ask for Chrome to be supported on all 3 systems? OSX,Win, and Linux?
    Chrome- Supports Windows XP, Vista, And windows 7
    Chromium- Support Linux Like Ubuntu, Fedora, Macintosh, ect.....(I'm not sure if Macintosh is supported by Chromium.)

I should know this since I am using Ubuntu and I have used Windows in the past...
    Last edited by XxXEXOXxX; 07-06-2011 at 05:40 PM.

*XxXEXOXxX
    Anyone else want to ask more questions or to answer my yes or no poll post now!

"Chromium- Support Linux Like Ubuntu, Fedora, Macintosh, ect.....(I'm not sure if Macintosh is supported by Chromium.) "

We can also use Chromium in OSX.. it's simply webkit.... Like Safari.. On a side thing.. I found out that if you run Safari in Windows.. You can play this game... Go figure.. :0
    drunk clan

*XxXEXOXxX
    I also Noticed in window XP when i had it i could play chrome on quakelive even if it was not on the system requirements. once i had it on firefox i was able to run it on chrome but still we need linux players to play i mean think about it there is over millions of linux users trying to find a game to play and in order for them to play they have to use a program called wine, crossover, or playonlinux to play windows games. and playing windows games gives linux poor performance and if quake live at least updates it and says we can play on FireFox 5.0 then I could play. but since i got linux i got firefox 5.0 and i need to down grade it to 3.0 or 2.0 in order to play but sadly idk how and i don't wanna do it not because i am lazy but because iv'e noticed that quakelive gives errors and stuff

I am not trying to whine or act like a baby cause this was my favorite game of all time since it came out and all I am asking for is let me play. and all the windows xp users should switch cause linux gives alot of fps depending on your system
    Last edited by XxXEXOXxX; 07-06-2011 at 07:04 PM.

O'K I see were you are coming from.. As an OSX user we have more problems then Linux users just playing this game.. fer dammit.. we are still beta.. You {are not).. Also why do try you use a VM if the game is not up to your specs in Linux? (wine, crossover, or playonlinux to play windows games.)

Do what us OSX users do.. Make another partition (Windows) and you can play full speed ahead. The sad thing is..this game plays on Windows best.. not OSX, not Linux..

And even though it plays best on Winblows.. They still have a lotta problems.. 90% of all problems listed here are from windows users...

Also on the Linux side.. I think some players are getting better results running Redhat, not Ubuntu..
    Last edited by swampy; 07-06-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    drunk clan

+ Reply to Thread