+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weapon Binds - Sensitivity

Hybrid View

*Projsa

Question Weapon Binds - Sensitivity

Hi,
    I was wondering how you could change the sensitivity for example Lightning Gun. Then when you switch to for example Rocket Launcher, the sensitivity changes to desired.

And I saw on a thread a guy having problem with this. He had a special crosshair for Shotgun and when he died while using the Shotgun, he respawned with Machine Gun but with the Shotgun's crosshair.
    Will this be the same situation? That if I die with Lightning Gun and respawn with Machine Gun will I have the Lightning Gun's sensitivity?

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    alias +fire "sensitivity 2.90; +attack" this 2 alias are for lg only
    alias -fire "sensitivity 2.60; -attack"
    alias +normal "sensitivity 2.80; +attack" and this is for other weaps....
    alias -normal "sensitivity 2.80; -attack"

just type 1 this things up alias and change sens for lg and regular....
    here are my binds with settings for each weapon...if you want to have diff crosshair for each weapon you just need to fill every bind with settings but change letter of bind and numbers in settings/you dont want to play with mine/,if you want to have same sens like for lg just change in binds from +normal to +fire ....you can do it on my way or on yakumos way which he wrote and explained in his guide and lg thread which you need find on forums!btw you need to do this for every bind you use for waeps...i suggest you to use crucci s or yakumo s lg,cross script...it is easier to make and faster,mine requires 30 mins to make

bind f "weapon 5; unbind mouse1; bind mouse1 +normal;cg_drawcrosshair 6; cg_crosshairsize 30; cg_fov 125; ch_customcrosshair 2"

bind q "weapon 6; unbind mouse1; bind mouse1 +fire; cg_drawcrosshair 2; cg_crosshairsize 25; cg_fov 110; ch_customcrosshair 2"

bind r "weapon 7; unbind mouse1; bind mouse1 +normal;cg_drawcrosshair 6; cg_crosshairsize 16; cg_fov 125; ch_customcrosshair 2 "
    Last edited by AXxXxO; 07-04-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    First off, Yahtzeee is describing a way of changing sensitivity while firing. It doesn't describe how to have different per weapon sensitivities.

Secondly, Yahtzee's script will run into the problem of continous +attack if you switch weapons while mouse1 is held down, because the minus version of the command will not be called due to changing the bind. The proper way to set it up is to have the same command bound to mouse1 for all weapons and change what the command does for different weapons. But since that isn't what you asked I'm not going to explain how to do that.

Just do this. If e.g. your rocket launcher bind is r and LG is f, and you want different sensitivities for them, this will couple sensitivity values with weapon switch commands:

bind r "weapon 5; sensitivity 1"
    bind f "weapon 6; sensitivity 2"

Then just edit the sensitivity value to your liking. When you get fragged and want to have your MG sensitivity back, you'll need to press your MG bind which should also have the mg weapon switch command coupled with the sensitivity command (e.g. bind x "weapon 2; sensitivity 1")
    Last edited by crucci; 07-04-2011 at 04:09 PM.

*Projsa
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    The proper way to set it up is to have the same command bound to mouse1 for all weapons and change what the command does for different weapons. But since that isn't what you asked I'm not going to explain how to do that.
    Care to explain that method too? I'm sorry for my spamming and so many questions but I'm so interested and I just want the best method! Thanks in advance!

Edit: I've looked on Yakumos thread and I didn't get a ****... This is what I want: I want only my lightning gun sensitivity lowered when i FIRE. Without complications. It'd be great if u could help me with that and explain step by step.
    Last edited by Projsa; 07-05-2011 at 01:01 PM.

i dont have problem with script...it is old and ugly but works fine
    Add A Killcam Maybe?

*Projsa
    Thank you Crucci you gave me an answer. But Yahtzeee just showed me that there are different ways to bind your weapon sensitivity, for example when you Fire the sensitivity will go to desired but otherwise it will be one standard sensitivity. I really like that idea but if there are any problems which you mentioned Crucci, then I'm not so sure if I want to use Yahtzeee's method...

And also I don't like the idea that you must change back to Machine Gun if you die with another weapon to get the Machine Gun's sensitivity. Can't it be fixed somehow?

So, I'd really appreciate if you guys could show me more ways of changing sensitivity like that (if there are more ways). And which one is the most used and which one is the best? Which one do you use? Please explain everything for me, because this is a whole new area to me. If you have any links of threads similar to this It'd be great if you could link them here because I couldn't find any. And don't be cheap with the words now, I like to read a lot!

Thanks in advance,
    Projsa

EDIT: The method that the sensitivity will change for desired weapon when you FIRE is the one that is (right now) the one that I want to use. Because if you have a standard sensitivity for Lightning Gun (let's say 2) and one for Rocket Launcher (let's say 5) then the Strafing will be very odd? But with Yahtzeee's way the sensitivity will remain (let's say 4) unless you fire then it will go to desired sensitivity of the Weapon you're firing. But what problems does this method cause? Explain Explain Explain!
    Last edited by Projsa; 07-05-2011 at 04:51 AM.

to explain everything is kinda long but you can do it on several ways....mine script which i showed you it is not complicated and requires some time for make it but if you are willing to have script like that read this thread(it is kinda big but you will find several them made by similar way) and just follow cruccis and yakumos guides on that thread and you will understand it very well link:http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...the-next-level
    post #261 is yakumo s script and it is very good and also most of them after yakumos post are good scripts so just browse and find one you like.....
    crucci s script post #332 is working fine so hf with writing script

if you need help just post here and crucci will get back to you....
    Last edited by AXxXxO; 07-05-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Add A Killcam Maybe?

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Which one do you use?
    I don't change sensitivity while firing or for different weapons. If you want to know my honest opinion I don't think it's a good idea, it will only make it harder for you to "become one" with the mouse, which is what you need to achieve your highest accuracies. But as they say, do what works for you... just take into consideration that it might be wiser in the long run to just stick to one sensitivity for all weapons and learn that.

Care to explain that method too? I'm sorry for my spamming and so many questions but I'm so interested and I just want the best method! Thanks in advance!
    Sure, I'll try to explain it. Here's the full script:

Code:
    bind Mouse1 "+sensFire"

alias -sensFire 	"-attack; sensitivity 3" // modify to suit your needs
    alias +sensFire 	"+attack" // strictly this line is not necessary as +sensFire will be determined with weapon binds anyway
    alias sensFirePlus 	"+attack; sensitivity 2"  // modify to suit your needs
    set sensFireOn		"alias +sensFire sensFirePlus"
    set sensFireOff		"alias +sensFire +attack"

// weapon binds
    set _GT	"weapon 1; vstr sensFireOff"
    set _MG	"weapon 2; vstr sensFireOff"
    set _SG	"weapon 3; vstr sensFireOff"
    set _GL	"weapon 4; vstr sensFireOff"
    set _RL	"weapon 5; vstr sensFireOff"
    set _LG	"weapon 6; vstr sensFireOn"
    set _RG	"weapon 7; vstr sensFireOff"
    set _PG	"weapon 8; vstr sensFireOff"
    bind 1 "vstr _GT"
    bind 2 "vstr _MG"
    bind 3 "vstr _SG"
    ... etc
    So what happens here is that each weapon switch command is coupled to sensFireOn or sensFireOff. Mouse1 is bound to +sensFire at all times. Note that +commands are always active until the minus version (-command) is called, which in the case of keybinds is until the button is lifted.

If sensFireOn is called, +sensFire will be aliased to sensFirePlus, which is described as "+attack; sensitivity 2". Now, when Mouse1 is pressed (i.e. +sensFire is called), you will fire the weapon while simultaneously changing sensitivity temporarily, until Mouse1 is lifted.

(Digression: You can't set up a command that would alias +sensFire directly to "+attack; sensitivity 2" when executed. Take a look at this: set sensFireOn "alias +sensFire +attack; sensitivity 2". That would change sensitivity to 2 permanently, while describing +sensFire as only +attack.)

Now, if you switch to another weapon, sensFireOff will be called which resets +sensFire to +attack. Now Mouse1 will achieve the exact same thing as if it was bound to +attack. However, if sensFireOff is called while wielding LG and Mouse1 is pressed down, it will still be able to call -sensFire once the button is lifted since Mouse1 is still bound to +sensFire. If sensFireOff reset the Mouse1 bind to +attack, you wouldn't be able to call -sensFire in the above scenario, resulting in continuous firing until Mouse1 is pressed down and lifted again.

For both sensFireOff and sensFireOn weapons, -sensFire is set to "-attack; sensitivity 3". (The sensitivity here should be your default sensitivity.) With sensFireOff weapons which have +sensFire aliased to +attack only, it is not really necessary to include the default sensitivity in -sensFire, but there's no harm in doing that either. Another way to set sensFireOff up with -sensFire as -attack would be this:

alias sensFirePlus "+attack; sensitivity 2"
    alias sensFireMinus "-attack; sensitivity 3"
    set sensFireOn "alias +sensFire sensFirePlus; alias -sensFire sensFireMinus"
    set sensFireOff "vstr normAttack; sensitivity 3"
    set normAttack "alias +sensFire +attack; alias -sensFire -attack"

but that would require more lines so shouldn't be used in this case.

I hope that clears up how this script works...
    Last edited by crucci; 07-06-2011 at 06:01 AM. Reason: said sensFireOn instead of Off at one point...

*Projsa
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    I don't change sensitivity while firing or for different weapons. If you want to know my honest opinion I don't think it's a good idea, it will only make it harder for you to "become one" with the mouse, which is what you need to achieve your highest accuracies. But as they say, do what works for you... just take into consideration that it might be wiser in the long run to just stick to one sensitivity for all weapons and learn that.
    That's also what I've been thinking, to become one with all weapons. But I thought it'd be more "cool" to have a unique script like that. When you fire the sensitivity changes, how cool isn't that? Well I guess I'll play without any cool scripts then. But thanks for all of your help crucci and Yahtzeee! I reaaaally appreciate it and I will Bookmark this thread!

See ya later
    Projsa

Junior Member Beg1nner is on a distinguished road
    Hi crucci and all

Is there a way that this can be used, so that sensitivity is only lowered, WHILE both a Strafe key AND Fire is pressed ?

I want this as, I have nice tracking with for example LG when only using the mouse OR Strafe separately,
    but as soon I use both mouse and strafe keys (dodging and so on), the tracking is a lot worse.

I have added it to at least work when I press strafe keys, and it has improved my tracking a lot.
    Though it interfere with my movement =), in strafe jumping and so on,
    so that is why I wanted it to only be active when Strafe + Fire for only (LG PG MG)

Thx in advanced
    Regards Stefan

+ Reply to Thread