+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CTF /callvote ...

*allpinq

Post CTF /callvote ...

Disable the ability to vote for maps on public servers.
    The only maps you can play on public servers nowdays are : ironworks, siberia, courtyard and sometimes troubledwaters.

Not to mention the "spacectf" servers and "vortexportal" servers. I mean servers that are forced to load the same map(s) ^^ over and over again by some players.

Playing the same maps over and over and over and over again is so boring.

Full Rotation ftw !

..just skip "dueling keeps" cause this map is way too small for 6v6

Thanks !

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    dueling keeps is the only level that i do like for ctf...
    but agreed, we need full rotation on every gametyp, since none has it (i think)

Member _ThatGuy_ is on a distinguished road
    From my experience most of the ctf maps are played and it all depends on the players around you. I have a tough time getting people to vote for those maps because everyone just plays rebound and the space maps. Server size also plays a big role in this because not all maps work with 6v6. The maps you mentions above aren't as bad when there are 12 people on the server as some other maps might be. And another reason some of the other maps aren't played is because they just aren't that good and they don't have a good flow to them.

rebound is played a lot actually but imo it is a terrible map
    scornforge is played a fair amount but it is only good when the server is full and if your team has good communication
    base siege is played a lot in tier 2 matches from what i have seen but its not a very good map either
    inner sanctums is a decent map and its played a good bit too
    bloodlust is played every now and then and i think it should be played more because its a good map

Senior Member tucker is on a distinguished road tucker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allpinq View Post
    Disable the ability to vote for maps on public servers.
    The only maps you can play on public servers nowdays are : ironworks, siberia, courtyard and sometimes troubledwaters.

Not to mention the "spacectf" servers and "vortexportal" servers. I mean servers that are forced to load the same map(s) ^^ over and over again by some players.

Playing the same maps over and over and over and over again is so boring.

Full Rotation ftw !

Thanks !
    people like to play those maps because they are good maps

people do not like to play the other maps because they are not good maps

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allpinq View Post
    Dueling keeps on insta is actually a really fun map. You have to be quick and good at aiming to do well in it. It's also fun to force spawns

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    It's odd, where I'm from we don't have that issue. When it comes to CTF we play almost every map there is, with the odd exception of crappy maps like Stronghold, Beyond Reality and uhhhm... Cobalt Station (LOL?).

Then when it comes to CA it's a different story... 7 maps is ALL they play, the boring S.O.B's!

My solution is to enforce a limit on how many times a given map can be played over a certain time period on a certain server. For instance, make Campgrounds votable only once per every 2 hour period.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    all maps are fun to play, there are no crappy maps just whiny people

perhaps it would be a nice feature if certain servers have full rotations for those that wanna play different ones everytime instead of the lame votespamming

+ Reply to Thread