+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Quake Live Duel Guide

*naksiloth
    If you get in contact with me somehow I do believe I can give information about dodging and aiming tips for certain weapons, so you can add them in the guide...
    I'm not even sure if you're still active thou...
    Last edited by naksiloth; 01-21-2012 at 09:19 AM.

Junior Member ACiDBoss is on a distinguished road
    thx alot it really helped me

Junior Member Jens_Bond is on a distinguished road
    So i wanted to start playing Quake, but FFA and other modes, well i didint like em that much.

I found Duel Lobbys, but they were often out of my skill leauge, so to play Duels in my own skill leauge i had to buy pro-subscription to play Duel agianst people in my skill range.

So now i bought it, and it takes over 15 minutes before a player joins my server, and its always the same story, total pwnage. Now i have a couple of problems.
    1. It takes a long time to get the game started
    2. 99% of the times the player is wayy out of my leauge and beats me even though ive set the lobby to be in my Skille leauge.
    3. Well now when the player fragged me 10 times in 1 minute, i have no chance of winning, how the hell do i forfeit? If i set myself as spectator it makes myself Quit. And i dont want a bunch of Quits on my stats.
    4. There is no rating system, so im making my own ELO system.

Thanks if you can help me fix these problems. Mabye im asking for much. But its making Quake booring to play.

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    Jens, use /forfeit when you're too far down and it's hopeless. You get a loss, but not a quit.
    Also, check QLRanks.com for an Elo system for duel (they have TDM and CA too, but those don't really work well).

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    use the server filter "all populated" so it shows full servers, that you can still join as spec.

improve. There are dozens of tutorials and game commentary on youtube and on twitch, plus written guides.

*Embrosio
    Quote Originally Posted by Jens_Bond View Post
    So i wanted to start playing Quake, but FFA and other modes, well i didint like em that much.

I found Duel Lobbys, but they were often out of my skill leauge, so to play Duels in my own skill leauge i had to buy pro-subscription to play Duel agianst people in my skill range.

So now i bought it, and it takes over 15 minutes before a player joins my server, and its always the same story, total pwnage. Now i have a couple of problems.
    1. It takes a long time to get the game started
    2. 99% of the times the player is wayy out of my leauge and beats me even though ive set the lobby to be in my Skille leauge.
    3. Well now when the player fragged me 10 times in 1 minute, i have no chance of winning, how the hell do i forfeit? If i set myself as spectator it makes myself Quit. And i dont want a bunch of Quits on my stats.
    4. There is no rating system, so im making my own ELO system.

Thanks if you can help me fix these problems. Mabye im asking for much. But its making Quake booring to play.
    Go to a german server, that is where u find the highest chance of someone joining the server.
    Get a duel friends list(add people with whom u have close matches)
    Suggestion:
    http://qlranks.com/duel/player/AtomBeton_

2. This was because u were tier 3, now u are tier 2, so u should be fine. First week i played duel i was ***** every game and i was playing 2-3 hours a day( \/ ).

3. \forfeit

4. Install qlprism and then with elo script u can see your opponents qlranks elo in-game.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrosio View Post
    4. Install qlprism and then with elo script u can see your opponents qlranks elo in-game.
    Or just the script itself directly with GM or Scriptish :
    https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/111519/

*xaerot

Thumbs up quake live guia te ayuda

valla el guia de queke live si me ayuda gracias

*xaerot

Lightbulb me ayudo

cuando empece quake live lei el guia de quake live y entendi mucho

Junior Member LuGia is on a distinguished road
    Nice and helpful! But I strongly disagree on the LG weapon part, using strafes only to aim makes you super easy target (I'd recommend super minimal moves but still with mostly mouse and focus on dodging with strafes). Maybe

+ Reply to Thread