The premier future-space-marine-wandering-around-nameless-deserts-during-World-War-2 first person shooter is back and better than ever. This weekend's DevPick is the return of TactiQuake, aptly titled TactiQuake II. Harkening back to the days of December 2010, TactiQuake is a bizarro version of Quake in a world where realism reigns supreme. The features this time around are a bit different:
- Machinegun Ironsights: Crouch while firing the machinegun to greatly increase accuracy.
- Regenerating Armor: Gone is the tedium of picking up armor. Players now spawn with 100, and will regenerate back after taking cover for 3 seconds without being shot. Takes approximately 5 seconds from empty armor to regenerate completely. Red Armor still spawns giving you the opportunity to double up, though! Health doesn't regenerate, so you'll still want to make sure you pick up health!
- Headshots count as double damage.
- Made player movement more realistic.
- Tripled weapon switch speed. Better make sure you've got the right gun out!
- Gauntlet: will do 100 damage on hit.
- Machinegun: 18 damage per shot, but fires slower. 36 damage if you can nail'em in the noggin!
- Shotgun: Enabled falloff damage, the shotgun will lose 1 point of damage for every 256 units away you are.
- Grenade Launcher: Grenades fire once every 1.4 seconds.
- Rocket Launcher: Rockets are affected by gravity. Direct rockets do 125 damage, and fire every 2 seconds. Knockback has been reduced by half. Rocket jumping isn't very realistic!
- Railgun: 100 damage, 3 second reload. 200 damage per headshot.
- Removed Lightning Gun, Plasma Gun, BFG, Nailgun, all powerups and holdables from all levels.
TactiQuake II is running on FFA and TDM servers all this weekend, so be sure to hop on and start being all sneaky and tactical-like. Have a good weekend!