Closed Thread

Thread: Lightning gun ruins this game

Junior Member TheGardenWeasel is an unknown quantity at this point

Lightning gun ruins this game

Is the lightning gun supposed to be the most powerful gun in the game?
    Opponents can kill you in about 1 second with the LG.

If you not going to reduce its power, how about not having it in every level as it is now.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    As is tradition when someone whines about the LG, here are his stats. Note the proxy mine usage.

Gauntlet
    0%
    0%

Machinegun
    12%
    1%

Shotgun
    15%
    2%

Grenade Launcher
    15%
    1%

Rocket Launcher
    40%
    21%

Lightning Gun
    18%
    2%

Railgun
    30%
    11%

Plasma Gun
    11%
    2%

BFG
    33%
    1%

Chaingun
    13%
    1%

Nailgun
    10%
    0%

Proximity Mine
    20%
    59%

Banned ElTorito is an unknown quantity at this point
    What has his stats to do with the LG being too dominating !

Listen to what people complain about - whoever thay are and their skill, they are what they are - and they TRY to play the game - so dont be such a moron and spam with stats and worn-out replies about whining.

Look at Yourself - a senior member bullying a new junior member - what a nice way to guide a newer player !

Time has shown that countless players agree that the LG are too much and they are tired of it !

I have participated and seen lots of games end up with everyone using the LG in childish fear of loosing the last rounds.

I have been playing since 98, running server with all kinds of mods and I know by experience and intuition when something is not good and irregular in function.

Apparently someone at ID loves the LG and decided that it must be like that, despite it makes players leave.
    Last edited by ElTorito; 06-15-2011 at 02:01 PM.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Stop typing in yellow. It's annoying to read and it doesn't make you unique.

Also, ElTorito's stats.

Rocket Launcher
    26%
    64%

Lightning Gun
    20%
    8%

Railgun
    32%
    21%

The reason it's tradition to post stats when someone whines about LG is that there's a pattern there. A pattern that generally falls along the lines of that person having upwards to 70% rocket launcher usage and LG usage that borders on 0%. In other words, single weapon users who only want their weapon of choice to dominate and should never, ever, be taken seriously in any discussion involving weapon balance.

I'm the person with the highest LG usage that I know of at 43%, and that doesn't even begin to approach some of the ridiculous usage stats the rocket monkeys out there have.

Banned ElTorito is an unknown quantity at this point
    go read my suggestion post about accuracy

Senior Member vect0r is an unknown quantity at this point vect0r's Avatar
    this guy with this thread again.. LOL

well it aint gonna happen weasel but before this goes any further lemme help you out here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardenWeasel View Post
    Is the lightning gun supposed to be the most powerful gun in the game?
    No its not supposed to be the most powerful.. that is why it isn't and your assumption that it is is untrue.

next

Quote Originally Posted by TheGardenWeasel View Post
    Opponents can kill you in about 1 second with the LG.
    another untrue statement.

Now you can go on with your whine post about the lg but at least fix those two points first so that it might be a little more legit.

thanks

Senior Member thecoupe is on a distinguished road thecoupe's Avatar
    Why don't you practice your LG instead of trying to get it taken out of the game? If you know how to use it right it can be extremely powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by ElTorito View Post
    go read my suggestion post about accuracy
    I read it. Don't see what the relevance is as I was talking about usage (read: percentage of damage dealt with), not accuracy. Also, might as well add that I completely disagree with your suggestion. When I want to see my accuracy, I want to see my accuracy. Not efficiency. If you want to add that as a separate stat, suggest it.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?xxxxx-Lightning-gun-ruins-this-game by TheGardenWeasel
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showthread.php?xxxxx-Lightning-Gun-is-total-****** by TheGardenWeasel

Seriously, stop it. This won't be another 13 pages LG troll thread. Since you never visit your threads again, people can dig them up by themselves if they want to.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Closed Thread