+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DevPick June 10-13: Overlord Jetpacks

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

DevPick June 10-13: Overlord Jetpacks

This weekend's DevPick features the Premium arena Overlord, a large and open Capture the Flag map set inside a twisting valley. Two bases at either end are protected by a series of structures and cover. The twist on these matches however are the inclusion of rechargeable jetpacks and the disabling of all other holdable items on the map.

While the Jetpacks are not new to our faithful DevPick following players, when combined with the outdoor areas of Overlord, will open up a new set of skills in combat, where you must now worry about tracking people in all 3 dimensions in the sky.

Railguns have been provided near the bases though, so you may want to choose your rune at spawn wisely; although the speed and no self health damage of Scout is certainly alluring, choosing Guard or Armor Regen might greatly increase your life expectancy. While a quick flag grab and run may work on some opponents, another very effective strategy is to pitch a tent and camp the enemy's outpost, which holds some health, a Railgun, and a Yellow Armor. From here you are able to put constant pressure on the enemy defenders, and help create an opening for your team to grab the flag and emerge victorious.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    The only bad thing is that I hardly get 25 fps on overlord. But it was a bit of fun.

*nox__
    Sponge :

Is there any chance you can add fast weapon switch for the next dev pick or sometime in the summer ?

I'm sure you would agree that the quakelive community found it to be one of the best dev picks there has been and i dont see a reason why you would not want to implement such a feature again.

Senior Member system_ is on a distinguished road system_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rekill View Post
    Sponge :

Is there any chance you can add fast weapon switch for the next dev pick or sometime in the summer ?

I'm sure you would agree that the quakelive community found it to be one of the best dev picks there has been and i dont see a reason why you would not want to implement such a feature again.
    ^THIS...

In fact, why don't you let the players VOTE for weekly devpicks. Pretty much everyone will agree that fast weap switch was one of the better devpicks out there.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    gotta post it here too ^^

theres 18(!!!!!) large ctf servers in europe right now and all of them are pretty much full, since their release we were lucky to have it played once in a while and now its finally used, tx for this

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I love how there are more quitters than remaining players at the end of a match.

Junior Member lemonpole is on a distinguished road
    yea i noticed that when i was at an enemy outpost. i kept railing incoming efc's lol... but hey just doing my job

the gamemode is awesome in imo, i loved using jetpacks in other games. the only con is that my fps drops to low 30s at certain parts of the map. its not that big of a deal i just tend to try and avoid those areas when im the fc.
    Last edited by lemonpole; 06-10-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Senior Member IntoBeing is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    this weekend's devpick features the premium arena overlord, a large and open capture the flag map set inside a twisting valley. Two bases at either end are protected by a series of structures and cover. The twist on these matches however are the inclusion of rechargeable jetpacks and the disabling of all other holdable items on the map.

While the jetpacks are not new to our faithful devpick following players, when combined with the outdoor areas of overlord, will open up a new set of skills in combat, where you must now worry about tracking people in all 3 dimensions in the sky.

Railguns have been provided near the bases though, so you may want to choose your rune at spawn wisely; although the speed and no self health damage of scout is certainly alluring, choosing guard or armor regen might greatly increase your life expectancy. While a quick flag grab and run may work on some opponents, another very effective strategy is to pitch a tent and camp the enemy's outpost, which holds some health, a railgun, and a yellow armor. From here you are able to put constant pressure on the enemy defenders, and help create an opening for your team to grab the flag and emerge victorious.
    Y U no have love 4 insta players
    Help create master bug/glitch list: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...bugs-not-fixed

Junior Member mtd is on a distinguished road
    instarox>jetfackz

id you fail meee

Junior Member Plz is on a distinguished road
    LOL id you ****ing suck noob friendly maps gtfo!

+ Reply to Thread