Web Update - June 9, 2011
An update to the QUAKE LIVE web frontend is now online. While the changes are mostly bugfixes, one notable feature is a Premium server filter within the Customize dropdown in the browser. If you haven't yet refreshed your browser, the changes will not be visible, however a simple CTRL+F5, or clicking Refresh while holding down shift will take care of that in a jiffy!
- Added a Premium filter under Customize.
- Modified QuickStats to load asynchronously once the browser page loads. This should greatly speed up loading the browser while the site is under heavier load.
- Changed behavior of invalid options in Start a Match. Options that are disabled by the game mode are hidden completely. Options that are disabled by adjusting advanced/unranked settings are grayed out. This will provide a better experience as the page will no longer jump around as you enable/disable options.
- Changed some Start a Match defaults to correctly match what we launch our public servers with.
- Fixed FreezeTag Remove Powerups On Spawn unranked option in Start a Match.
- Enabled system for site administrators to send global messages to all users logged into the site. These will generally be small updates on service status, and to announce impending downtime. These messages are not optional and can not be turned off.
- Prevented cases where the pending invite notice from popping up multiple times upon login.
- Resolved a case on Windows where download indicator would be stuck at 99% despite the download finishing without error.
- Changed server browser phrasing when no matches are shown to be more descriptive.
Congrats on this momentous milestone
edit: brb going to pick up the cake.
"however a simple CTRL+F5, or clicking Refresh while holding down shift will take care of that in a jiffy!"
Thank you for that part!!! Seriously, we have to spread the word about ctrl+f5 as hard as we can!
Good work! Server details are now instantly available. Cake from mi too!
And feel free to improve game browser further, not just add one checkbox (for example change all "Game Type" and "Game State" options to checkboxes).
Nice to see that you are actively working on this title!
nice to see much more activity from the id team
Fixed Be sure to grab the latest version.
Originally Posted by Diplodok
Yes, give more checkboxes for the server browser filters (Customize). It should be possible to choose more then one option at the same time. I would add checkboxes to pretty much everything in the filters menu, even the really long lists like Game Arena and Game Location since they're quite organized with categories, if you click on a category everything in it could get deselected/selected..
Originally Posted by mi