+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: is a gaming mouse worht it

Senior Member RAZ3R is on a distinguished road
    Is a 'gaming' mouse needed? No
    Is a good mouse needed? Yes
    Is a good mouse the one thing that's stopping you from instantly becoming pro? No
    Does a good mouse have to be expensive? No
    Are all 'gaming' mice good? No, many labelled as 'gaming mice' are god awful
    Is the surface you play on as important as the mouse you use? Yes

If you're looking for new mouse just remember that;
    having a cord is important, wireless mice aren't as responsive no matter what the advertising says
    dpi doesn't matter one bit
    laser mice just don't work if you have a low sens
    your mouse surface is important as without a good surface your mouse won't track properly no mater how good it is (though a good surface in many cases can just be your desk surface)
    the shape of a mouse is a very personal, yet important thing and can really affect your aim
    when choosing a mouse and surface consult reviews from actual gaming sites (e.g. http://www.esreality.com/), not hardware review sites where the reviewer, while experienced in hardware reviews, really won't have the same requirements as someone that aspires to play quake well (even at a casual level)

In terms of my own personal recommendations I'd advise you to look at the razer deathadder, which is a really good mouse and probably a good shape for you. And if you need a surface the everglide titan is a great cloth surface (I would avoid the steelseries qck pads as some people find them great, but they don't work well with several mouse sensors, and the feel is pretty much the same as the everglide titan anyway).

*Asamawa
    It would be nice to have one of those R.A.T mice though, with weights, you can move the palm, thumb, and pinkie rest around and change them out for diferent designs to fit your hand perfectly. And they look FREAKING AWSOME.

Senior Member peeks is on a distinguished road
    $12 WMO \o/

Member _ThatGuy_ is on a distinguished road
    Thumb buttons can help a lot and it can help you make a more comfortable weapon setup.

*fweak
    A good mouse and pad will make a difference, duh. Just make sure you get the right mouse for you.

Member Essobie is on a distinguished road
    Is a gaming mouse worth it? Yes, but only if the gaming mouse is a Logitech MX518 which you can currently get with a stupidly large rebate at newegg.com

8 Buttons, people. 8.

Senior Member regurge is on a distinguished road regurge's Avatar
    your mentality will grow a bit --> you are using a PRO mouse with 8 buttons (EIGHT BUTTONS!) and glitter stars on it you cant loose anymore

Senior Member asy7um is on a distinguished road asy7um's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shaftz0r View Post
    ---Quote (Originally by RAZ3R)---
    dpi doesn't matter one bit
    (I would avoid the steelseries qck pads as some people find them great, but they don't work well with several mouse sensors, and the feel is pretty much the same as the everglide titan anyway).
    ---End Quote---
    these two statements pretty much prove that you have zero idea what you're talking about. dpi is the whole point of a "gaming" mouse. it's one of the things that make some mice standout from others. along with usp hz and the optical/laser engine in use. You would know this if you didn't have little girl hands, and used a razor mouse.
    Lol@falling for advertisements. What matters is malfunction speed, no unintended (negative) acceleration, not being too heavy/light/big/small for your hand, should work on your mousemat and fine you may need up to 2000 dpi if you use really high sens like 5cm/360. I use 22cm/360 with 400 dpi and haven't had any skipping or whatever so far.

Btw your MX518 has correction, doesn't it? Some people don't like that.. stop advertising your mouse as ultimate solution for everyone.

edit: if you go with a deathadder try to get the old 1800 dpi model
    Last edited by asy7um; 08-17-2010 at 03:59 AM.

*dev1ous
    Quote Originally Posted by Communismb0t View Post
    well i'm sure any mouse is better than my current one. i dont understand if my sens is to low, but sometimes when i need to make a big movement with my mouse [my playing surface is 24" x 24"] the mouse will move the wrong way and that annoys me, i've lost several duels b/c of it
    Time to get a new mouse yo, you will be glad you did..It will not only make you better at aiming,you will be more comfortable and also increase your confidence.

Member alpha_male is on a distinguished road alpha_male's Avatar
    In my opinion of course it is. I remember when I jumped off from standard logitech mouse to razer one, the aim and overall gaming experience improved by hundreds of times. I will not mention exact model due to you know why, just I whanna tell you, that when the shape of mouse fits your hand very well, you just don't feel it anymore, it becomes part of you and result is unforgettable gameplay, it's really hard explain this in words.
    Last edited by alpha_male; 08-17-2010 at 04:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread