+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: is a gaming mouse worht it

Member Communismb0t is on a distinguished road Communismb0t's Avatar

is a gaming mouse worht it

Hey, I use the stock mouse the comes with my desktop. aside from being to small for my hand and sometimes not doing what i want it to do (like doing a 360 in the opposite direction i turned for some reason) and having a cord is there any reason to get a gaming mouse? do they really offer a precision advantage?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Communismb0t View Post
    Hey, I use the stock mouse the comes with my desktop. aside from being to small for my hand and sometimes not doing what i want it to do (like doing a 360 in the opposite direction i turned for some reason) and having a cord is there any reason to get a gaming mouse? do they really offer a precision advantage?
    Yeah, personally I've always wondered why everyone is like "GET ONE, GET ONE!!!!" I personally think it doesn't matter what mouse you use as long as the user is comfortable with it.
    Oh, and sorry for not answering your question, just thought I'd add on

*Icey_Pain
    While a gaming mouse is more precise than a normal mouse, it is not the main reason why you would want to buy a gaming mouse. The major reason for me is that a gaming mouse enables you to game for hours without having pain or discomfort in your hand.
    And it usually features more durable parts, so that your mouse doesn't break so fast.
    Last edited by Icey_Pain; 08-16-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Junior Member TQBI is on a distinguished road
    No its definatly not necessary. Im fine now with my optical intelli 1.1. 20€ i paid for it. I had a logitech g5 (60€) and a razer copperhead(70€) before. Both designed for gamers but they were very inaccurate cause of laser detection. The copperhead got broke after 2 weeks and the g5 after 1 year. Switching back too an optical mouse was a good decision until now. Its very accurate even at very fast movements.

*Icey_Pain
    Quote Originally Posted by TQBI View Post
    No its definatly not necessary. Im fine now with my optical intelli 1.1. 20€ i paid for it. I had a logitech g5 (60€) and a razer copperhead(70€) before. Both designed for gamers but they were very inaccurate cause of laser detection. The copperhead got broke after 2 weeks and the g5 after 1 year. Switching back too an optical mouse was a good decision until now. Its very accurate even at very fast movements.
    There's nothing wrong with laser mice, I've had both the copperhead and the logitech G5 in my hand, and they were working just fine. It's just very important that you select a proper mouse mat along with your gaming mouse.

Junior Member TQBI is on a distinguished road
    I have the everglide titan mousemat. Should be fine. I mean.. this were just my experiences with laser mices and there are alot of people who can share them.

*roboza
    You can pick up an intellimouse 3.0 for around 15, it's a great mouse

Senior Member asy7um is on a distinguished road asy7um's Avatar
    No its definatly not necessary. Im fine now with my optical intelli 1.1. 20€ i paid for it.
    See, if TQBI is fine with his imo gaming mice are definitely unnecessary /thread :d
    I had an imo before its a nice mouse but doesn't fit my hands well. Now switched to wmo feels perfect only got no sidebuttons and mousewheel is unusable ingame. Like every mouse got its disadvantages best thing is to go for one that feels comfortable to you. And make sure to read lots of reviews before buying a mouse otherwise you might get one with crappy/buggy sensor.

Member Communismb0t is on a distinguished road Communismb0t's Avatar
    well i'm sure any mouse is better than my current one. i dont understand if my sens is to low, but sometimes when i need to make a big movement with my mouse [my playing surface is 24" x 24"] the mouse will move the wrong way and that annoys me, i've lost several duels b/c of it

Junior Member shaftz0r is on a distinguished road
    first of all, anyone who says no you don't need a gaming mouse "insert generic terri mouse here" either can't afford a decent mouse, or has never used one, which automatically nullifies said opinion.

second, you'll notice a difference in smoothness in the first 15 seconds of using driver software to control your mouse instead of default windows sens.

third, thumb buttons and a smooth mousepad go a looooooong way in a game like qlive where even the slightest mouse glitch causes a miss.

fourth, save yourself the conversation and headache from painful decision making by going out and buying an mx518 right now. if you want a continual erection lasting upwards of 4 hours, also grab yourself a qck+ giant mousepad.

+ Reply to Thread