+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Quake Live maps won't load on Quake 3 arena

*Larossentinel

Post Quake Live maps won't load on Quake 3 arena

Hi, I just wanted to know why maps from Quake Live won't load on Quake 3 arena because I want to try quake live maps on Quake 3...Please Help

Thanks

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    1. They're encrypted.
    2. They require assets not present in Q3A paks.
    3. WolfcamQL is based on ioquake3 and loads all of QL data, but that's a special modification to the engine. Normal Quake 3 can't do that easily.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Larossentinel View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to know why maps from Quake Live won't load on Quake 3 arena because I want to try quake live maps on Quake 3...Please Help

Thanks
    just download maps for q3 and play....most of them are same
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

*Larossentinel
    So, do I need to edit the map so the Q3A can load it? or there is another solution?

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    The solution is to play them in Quake Live instead.

*Larossentinel
    But can i put q3a maps into Quake Live so I can practice?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Yes, absolutely. Don't forget to set them read-only though.

EDIT : Maybe not. Just tried to put mario_opposing_castles.pk3 on baseq3 and practices won't load. Not even with another map >.> .

** FS_LoadZipFile: failed to load pak file. max file handles in EncryptedFileIO is probably too small.
    Please report the the problem you encountered on the Quake Live forums.
    You must reload the web page to make this display go away.
    EDIT: Ok, it just won't work. I know that custom maps are possible for QL, though. Maybe there is a way to encrypt the Q3 pk3 the way QL wants.
    Last edited by FlashSoul; 06-07-2011 at 07:08 PM.

Senior Member sperglord is an unknown quantity at this point sperglord's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Yes, absolutely. Don't forget to set them read-only though.

EDIT : Maybe not. Just tried to put mario_opposing_castles.pk3 on baseq3 and practices won't load. Not even with another map >.> .

EDIT: Ok, it just won't work. I know that custom maps are possible for QL, though. Maybe there is a way to encrypt the Q3 pk3 the way QL wants.
    I think you misunderstood what the OP was asking. He wants to play QL maps in Q3A. afaik there used to be an application to decrypt the ql pk3s (since they used some very simple cypher method) but I'm not sure if I'd be allowed to link it here anyway so I won't bother looking for it

Banned TheMuffinMan86 will become famous soon enough TheMuffinMan86's Avatar
    Yes, QL uses a different pk3 archive encryption. Use quakelivedec to convert zip to QL pk3 or vice versa. Almost everyone knows about it, so I doubt Id would care about linking it. Only when you're releasing other people's assets with permission is it a problem.
    QL maps to Q3... again, QL uses a different BSP version and altered file structure for ad banners to work. It is perfectly possible to convert but I'm not saying any more on that subject

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    There is a mappack with converted QL maps for Q3. Im not giving u a link for some reasons but i think u can google.

+ Reply to Thread