+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Buglist - New bugs caused by newest update / Old bugs not fixed

Senior Member IntoBeing is an unknown quantity at this point

New Buglist - New bugs caused by newest update / Old bugs not fixed

New update, new problems. Help me list the new bugs/glitches and ones that weren't fixed by the update.

New bugs caused by Browser Update:

1. Some games don't show up in the server list in either Any Game State or Populated. I know this because I can check what game people on my friends list are on and it shows them being in a certain server, but it isn't anywhere to be found on the server list.

2. The server list now shows there being available slots for multiple minutes even though there aren't any. Just now it took over 5 minutes and multiple browser closes and reopens to get it to properly show that the server was full.

New bugs caused by most recent update:

1. Mouse sensitivity randomly gets reset. I had heard others complaining of this since the update rolled out but didn't experience it myself until today. Mouse sensitivity defaults out of nowhere.

2. Freezing between map change. In addition to the server command overflows which plagues premium servers, there is now a new glitch that causes freezing between map changes for certain people.

3. Random sound glitches in Freeze mode. Sometimes you will hear multiple thaw sounds spaced evenly apart in a row when no one was even frozen.

4. Friends list lights up orange when you don't even have a new message now. It also fails to light up orange sometimes when you do have a new message.

5. Teamkill vote system doesn't work sometimes. It's pretty pointless to have in iFreeze to begin with. We were playing 2vs2 and the teamkill notification showed up when my teammate accidently shot me. I tried to F2 to vote no but it failed to work and kept displaying until the timer ran out. It also was saying "Teamma" instead of "Teammate".

6. New friends show up twice on your friends list the first time they accept your invitation and you see them online. When you close the plugin and restart it, it shows them once as it should. The name has proper upper and lower case letters on one of them, the other shows all lower case. EDIT: Someone that was already on my friends list showed up twice today, one with proper caps/lowercase, the other right below it all lowercase. Not sure what causes this?

7. On the preview window that shows what players are in a game everyone's name is all lower case (Semi-related to 7 maybe?).

8. Health doesn't reset at the end of a freeze round. iFreeze doesn't allow you to select health reset or not. If you have acid or fire damage and have only a tiny bit of health left, if you fall into an acid pit and die you can slide out and remain frozen due to this glitch.

9. Falling doesn't cause damage when friendly fire is disabled. When friendly fire is enabled you can crater.

10. Friends list doesn't show online friends sometimes. Also does not show someone as being in game even though they are.

11. The physics in iCTF and iFreeze are now waaaaaay off. The changelog mentioned nothing of physics changes, yet on iCTF a boost makes someone fly to the other side of the map now, and on iFreeze its the complete opposite, if you shoot someone that is frozen they barely move an inch, making it impossible to stack frozen people, etc.

12. Changelog claims you can no longer thaw through walls, but you still can. So this is now a glitch. You can also thaw through the floor/ceiling on some maps now because the thaw radius is so massive!

13. Dropping your weapon in an Insta game crashes the server. They disabled weapon dropping on Insta servers instead of fixing the problem. We were able to drop our weapon for over a year, so why disable it instead of fixing? If it wasn't supposed to be enabled to begin with, why was it for so long?

14. The code that stops you from shooting when the game is about to begin doesn't reset when teams become uneven and the warmup resumes. If you are about to do 3vs3 or 2vs2 and someone drops out then it goes back to Warmup, but you can't use any weapons.

15. Sound glitching now occuring in Insta FFA matches. Similar sound glitch to the one that happens when you are on a jump pad and someone stands on top of you and it makes that real bassy sound that almost blows your speakers out. Happens when shooting railgun.

16. Teamkill vote shows up on match without teamkill enabled or even possible. Was playing an InstaCTF match and it said someone teamkilled me when it isn't possible and isn't even enabled.

17. Lost reliable commands (or something to this effect). Forgot the exact wording. Kicks you when it happens

18. Sometimes a user will show as constantly signing off even though they are online and aren't signing off. The timing is once every four seconds. Happened for over half an hour today until I kindly asked the person to restart their browser. It stopped doing it then.

Old bugs still not fixed:

1. Shuffle is still broken. Sometimes it will fail to shuffle and say No Players Shuffled. Also had it shuffle and put three people on one team and one on the other during a 3vs3.

2. Server command overflow issue is still here. The changelog said that it "should" be fixed. They used the wording "should" because they knew it wasn't fixed. People are still getting booted out of my Freeze server and games are being ruined daily. Occurs mainly during map changes, but also happens midgame.

3. Invite system still broken. Only had 2 non-paid people in my server and the third person kept getting the "Go Pro" message and couldn't get in my server.

4. Railgun blank shot glitch. You shoot the gun and the rail beam doesn't show up. Some people say it still shoot's and counts your shots and some people say it doesn't.

5. In game chat system is still screwy. Sometimes you have to retype the same message 2-3 times for it to appear.

6. Join server / stop server buttons randomly disappear.

7. Invite monitor randomly appears and says you have an invite when no one even sent an invite.

8. Invalid PK3 files referenced error when joining a server.

9. Some people on your friends list show up with only their clan tag on the list that shows what players are in a specific game. It also shows only clan name and blank name on the search and when you view a user's friends. Seems to be caused by long usernames maybe?

10. Spectate mode has your head going through the roof and you can't get near walls unless you turn around. It never use to be like this. I remember it happening before the update but I don't think it was THIS bad.

11. Character models don't load in team games for people on your team usually. They load with the same character model as yourself even though they have a different model. After you or they die they load properly.

12. Any game state does not show full servers. Pretty annoying having to select Populated when Any game state should display what it says, any game state (bug or feature? who knows...).

13. Accuracy moves around to other people when it always showed your own accuracy in the past. If it's displaying the accuracy of someone else and you make or miss a few shots it will then start displaying your own accuracy instead of some random person.

14. When you are spectating someone you usually see someone's accuracy other than the person you are spectating.

15. When you are in a game and press tab to see your stats, it typically shows someone elses accuracy.

Bugs that I don't know whether or not they are new:

1. The Support contact crashes the Quake Live plugin when you submit a support ticket.

2. Sometimes you are spawned with your gauntlet instead of railgun in iFreeze.

3. The signature in the forums only shows up on things you post after setting the signature, it doesn't show your signature on past posts (bug or feature? lol).

4. Reliable command has cycled out (something like that, don't remember the exact wording). Just booted me and everyone else out of my server. Another game ruining glitch.

Bugs caused by July update

1. The arrows on the HUD have disappeared. You can still scroll down by clicking but the arrows aren't there anymore.
    Last edited by IntoBeing; 08-04-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Member Jaza is on a distinguished road Jaza's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IntoBeing View Post
    Old bugs still not fixed:

1. Shuffle is still broken. Sometimes it will fail to shuffle and say No Players Shuffled.
    This is not a bug. Shuffle balances teams and by that message it means that teams are already balanced. But sometimes it gives a message: "server: shuffle" and that's a real bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaza120 View Post
    This is not a bug. Shuffle balances teams and by that message it means that teams are already balanced. But sometimes it gives a message: "server: shuffle" and that's a real bug.
    Then how come sometimes it does shuffle and other times it doesn't? It should have consistent behavior. It lets u shuffle when the teams are even sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

Senior Member meister is on a distinguished road meister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IntoBeing View Post
    Then how come sometimes it does shuffle and other times it doesn't? It should have consistent behavior. It lets u shuffle when the teams are even sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.
    true, also when the ''no players shuffled'' appears and you vote to shuffle again, it will shuffle :S

*Hectane
    Your only bugs are freeze tag bugs. That means you are a pro subscriber and should just submit a support ticket. And you can force a non-balance shuffle by voting 2 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectane View Post
    Your only bugs are freeze tag bugs. That means you are a pro subscriber and should just submit a support ticket. And you can force a non-balance shuffle by voting 2 times.
    They aren't all freeze bugs, and supporting a ticket is pointless because the staff hates me because I call out all the bugs/glitches constantly.

I'm barely even touching the surface with these bugs. I only play Insta games. Anyone know any non-Insta bugs that should be added?

Member Fanatic is on a distinguished road
    the rails seems to be going more through, also sometimes no shoot coming out. weapon randomly. *more laggers and warpers*

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Mouse sens resets for me only when I use QLDT and it crashes. Among lots of other settings (crosshairs, volume etc.). At least I don't blame QL for QLDT's problems...

Many of your problems can be proven with demos but you don't provide any.

Pro invitation system works much better after the fixes from 2 weeks ago. If someone clicks the popup too soon and "Go Pro" pops up, resend the invitation (it won't use your standard slots now) or let them use the invite monitor. It was fixed because of your whine!

Blank railgun shots? Something tells me you're talking about not seeing a shot made when you die and you're playing with local railshot prediction turned off (it's on by default for a reason btw) :)
    Last edited by Lam; 06-05-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diplodok View Post
    Mouse sens resets for me only when I use QLDT and it crashes. Among lots of other settings (crosshairs, volume etc.). At least I don't blame QL for QLDT's problems...

Many of your problems can be proven with demos but you don't provide any.

Pro invitation system works much better after the fixes from 2 weeks ago. If someone clicks the popup too soon and "Go Pro" pops up, resend the invitation (it won't use your standard slots now) or let them use the invite monitor. It was fixed because of your whine FFS!

Blank railgun shots? Something tells me you're talking about not seeing a shot made when you die and you're playing with local railshot prediction turned off (it's on by default for a reason btw)
    Why would I need demos for things that happen pretty much every single game? If someone doesn't believe fact then they can waste their own time attempting to make reality fiction.
    Help create master bug/glitch list: http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...bugs-not-fixed

+ Reply to Thread