*Tyrrr

Direct hits are registered as splash sometimes

quakelive_failhitbox.dm_73
    An airrocket registered as spash which almost cost me the game D:

Member Jaza is on a distinguished road Jaza's Avatar
    lol

10chars

*HAHAHA__YEAH
    You can't fix something that's not broken.

Senior Member clashie is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by HAHAHA__YEAH View Post
    You can't fix something that's not broken.
    lol... i've had 15 ping and railed people so far around corners that they were in then next room. quake lag compensation working as intended.

seriously it's broken as **** and SyncError himself even said a million years ago that there was issues with model extrapolation or something that they were looking into... which never happened.

the rocket and splash damage is an entirely different story. good luck if your rocket catches the edge of geometry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIyhdXp8q4Y

*Shadenine
    its called, ping and lag, what you see is often completely different from what actually happened. Its a problem yes, but its not a problem with the hitbox.

*Tyrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadenine View Post
    its called, ping and lag, what you see is often completely different from what actually happened. Its a problem yes, but its not a problem with the hitbox.
    How is that supposed to be a lag or ping if a player gets hit by a rocket in the air, bounces and accelerates while flying. You could see that i pushed him off the ledge hit a rocket and he got back in.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    This happens to me all the time. I can't help but "..." every time that happens.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    I've had A LOT of direct plasma hits registered as splash (you can tell easily: it produces purple impact mark instead of leaving hit spark), I've also had a hard time looking for an air rocket in a demo with QLDT - turned out I killed someone with splash... deepinside-midair-moment.dm_73

frs was unfortunate to do the same with a grenade: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg9TnbbdboY - so he didn't even get splash out of it, rocket at least should do 85 damage in that situation.

Did this happen before cylinderscale 1.1 change?

I've fixed thread title. Moving to bug reports, too.

Junior Member rEadY_ is on a distinguished road
    I confirm that the hitbox is crashed AS D:

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread