+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mouse Sensitivty and Mouse Accel Features

Junior Member injx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DCR View Post
    Please note, if you use m_cpi, your sensitivity setting is rendered useless. Meaning
    Sensitivity X is not used *if* m_cpi is set to a number, beyond 0.
    At least here on my setup.
    cl_mousesenscap is however used with m_cpi. *Meaning* m_cpi becomes the multiplier for m_yaw and m_pitch etc etc, instead of the sensitivity command/setting.
    entirely incorrect. sensitivity plays the same role it always has, and sensCap provides the upper limit. using m_cpi doesn't change the role of any of the mouse settings, just the units of their values.
    Last edited by injx; 06-01-2011 at 07:15 AM.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    and m_cpi cannot work without cl_mouseaccelpower. And for me at least, really need cl_mousesenscap to make it functional.
    So is this the intent? that m_cpi is the recommended new way for sensitivity with acceleration?
    edit:
    No it is entirely correct on my computer. That's why i wrote on my setup.

Junior Member zpnq is on a distinguished road
    and m_cpi cannot work without cl_mouseaccelpower. And for me at least, really need cl_mousesenscap to make it functional.
    So is this the intent? that m_cpi is the recommended new way for sensitivity with acceleration?
    edit:
    No it is entirely correct on my computer. That's why i wrote on my setup.
    Set m_cpi to the same as your mouse dpi/cpi, then set sens 1 and test, now set sens 50 and test, also be sure your mousesenscap is 0. I assure you your sens will change. This setting is just a means to standardising sens settings regardless of the mouse dpi, it enables direct testing of other ppls sens values where both players have the correct m_cpi setting.

I am unsure ppl are reading the original post and understanding it.
    Last edited by zpnq; 06-01-2011 at 07:23 AM.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    If i do that, it doesnt matter if i have m_cpi used. I might as well set m_cpi to 0 because there is no difference.
    If i set m_cpi to a number, changing then sensitivity makes no change. Not saying its bad tho, i like this.
    I can make it work your way if i change accel speed and offset, but then i have to find an entirely new sensitivity, which is just too much hazzle.

Junior Member zpnq is on a distinguished road
    You are mistaken some where either in your settings or what you are seeing. Just use the conversion at the bottom of the main post.

Are you setting m_cpi to the same as your mouse dpi? Once again your sensitivity will change regardless of your m_cpi, it will chnage less with a higher m_cpi , this means the higher your dpi is the higher your sens setting will be to have the same feel. Make sure your senscap is set 0 and your m_cpi is set to your mouse dpi then change your sens to drastic extremes and i assure you it will change.

Junior Member sovereign is on a distinguished road
    Please note, if you use m_cpi, your sensitivity setting is rendered useless. Meaning
    Sensitivity X is not used *if* m_cpi is set to a number, beyond 0.
    At least here on my setup.
    cl_mousesenscap is however used with m_cpi. *Meaning* m_cpi becomes the multiplier for m_yaw and m_pitch etc etc, instead of the sensitivity command/setting.
    No...............
    NO

Junior Member W1ldsau is on a distinguished road
    *** ?

I finally got used to play with the accelstyle 1 , over a year and you now simple remove this completly, without a detailed instruction how to convert to new settings ? It would not have been a problem to add additional code ( e.g accelstyle 2 ) with the new cvars, but this way is again not professional to make improvements. Im really pissed

*spooker
    Quote Originally Posted by W1ldsau View Post
    *** ?

I finally got used to play with the accelstyle 1 , over a year and you now simple remove this completly, without a detailed instruction how to convert to new settings ? It would not have been a problem to add additional code ( e.g accelstyle 2 ) with the new cvars, but this way is again not professional to make improvements. Im really pissed
    WHAT THE **** ID???????????? I am really pissed too...............

Junior Member r0bert is on a distinguished road
    It feels totally strange now and I cannot find any combination of values, that resemble the feeling before. It's always like an extremely heavy acceleration, "heavy" as in "overpowered".

System: Xubuntu Linux 9.10, Roccat Kova+

Old Values:
    seta in_dgamouse "1"
    seta in_mouse "1"
    seta sensitivity "0.3"
    seta cl_mouseaccel "1.2"
    seta cl_mouseaccelstyle "1"
    seta cl_mousesenscap "2"
    seta cl_mouseacceloffset "4"
    seta m_pitch "0.02"
    seta m_yaw "0.02"
    seta m_filter "0"

Gonna disable accel until there seems to be some more explantion as to how to fix it.

PS: Setting m_cpi to 3200 results in very slow mouse-movement that doesnt seem to be changeable with /sensitivity.

Member ian is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by W1ldsau View Post
    *** ?

I don't have an exact formula, but you can get approximately the same settings back if you keep your sens the same, set m_cpi 0, and set cl_mouseaccelpower to your old value for 1.2/cl_mouseacceloffset. Then set cl_mouseacceloffset 0, since it does something different now.
    Last edited by ian; 06-01-2011 at 01:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread