+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mouse Sensitivty and Mouse Accel Features

*SEEN
    didnt read wololololo

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Was wrong anyways. The equation on the first page is correct.

My mistake was I thought with m_cpi 400 the sens was in cm/360, but it isn't, it's degrees/cm.

*MacsPower
    Do something to stop all the jumping, it is terrible. Watch some war footage you don't see the soldiers bouncing around like kangaroos. Maybe disable firing while in the air. I see players juump up, turn around and kill me with a rail gun. It is really taking the fun out of it.

Junior Member Kr3m is on a distinguished road
    Are you serious? This isn't ET, UT, COD, or CS dude. This is an arena-style fps. You don't see soldiers magically healing from health bubbles and red armor either. You also don't respawn when you're dead in real life. You're basically asking them to change the entire mechanics and gameplay of a beloved 12 year old FPS that takes both skill and intelligence to master ( unless of course you're noob hack that relies on cheats because your brain cells are limited where it pertains to pointing and clicking ). Good luck with that.

Member Amalik is on a distinguished road Amalik's Avatar
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm pretty underslept, but what exactly is the purpose of this?
    As I understood it, the idea behind this system was sensitivity settings being an objective measurement which can be compared between players, with a direct numerical correlation between 'real sens' ( the new sens setting as calculated using the m_cpi formulas ) and the practical sens in cm/in/360. I understand that 'cm/360 = 360/new_sens', but these numbers are only useful a useful comparison if you're comparing two different settings based on the same cpi.
    I just made a quick spreadsheet so I could calculate these things myself, and learn how they work, and from what I understand, providing I am doing it correctly ( my settings are identical to before ingame, so yeah ), in order to recreate your current settings after changing mouse ( changing cpi ), you still have to base your new calculations off of an estimate old_sens.

eg. at 400 dpi: 4.5 sens becomes 15.5905511811 = 23cm/360
    at 450 dpi: 4.5 sens becomes 17.5393700787 = 20cm/360

If that is the case, then what is the purpose of this? Am I doing something wrong here?
    Since the new sens is a measure of degrees per cm, the practical sens is simply 360/new_sens.
    Is there a better formula for calculating a way to change the dpi setting and keep the end practical sensitivity the same?
    Last edited by Amalik; 05-07-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adramalik View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm pretty underslept, but what exactly is the purpose of this? As I understood it, the idea behind this system was sensitivity settings being an objective measurement which can be compared between players, with a direct numerical correlation between 'real sens' ( the new sens setting as calculated using the m_cpi formulas ) and the practical sens in cm/in/360. I understand that 'cm/360 = 360/new_sens', but these numbers are only useful a useful comparison if you're comparing two different settings based on the same cpi.
    Sensitivity is in degrees/cm, which is more natural than "It's the multiplier that yaw/pitch are multiplied by and those are in degrees per mouse count".

It's not in cm/360 which I think would be even more natural still, but perhaps a bit confusing to some since lowering the value would increase your sensitivity.

I just made a quick spreadsheet so I could calculate these things myself, and learn how they work, and from what I understand, providing I am doing it correctly ( my settings are identical to before ingame, so yeah ), in order to recreate your current settings after changing mouse ( changing cpi ), you still have to base your new calculations off of an estimate old_sens.

eg. at 400 dpi: 4.5 sens becomes 15.5905511811 = 23cm/360
    at 450 dpi: 4.5 sens becomes 17.5393700787 = 20cm/360

If that is the case, then what is the purpose of this? Am I doing something wrong here?
    I am really not sure what you are asking. If you get a new mouse that uses a different cpi value, you can simply change m_cpi to the cpi value of the new mouse and your sensitivity will remain the same. The feel of course will be slightly different but cm/360 will be the same.

Since the new sens is a measure of degrees per cm, the practical sens is simply 360/new_sens.
    Is there a better formula for calculating a way to change the dpi setting and keep the end practical sensitivity the same?
    Still not sure what you are getting at, however you might check out:

http://www.funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html

While it doesn't feature the m_cpi calculations directly, a lot of the necessary calculations can be made there.

Member Po0dle is on a distinguished road
    Abyssus drivers use a scale of 19. With setting 1 being 1/19 and setting 10 being 19/19.

Here's a list:
    Code:
    1 -> 1/19
    1.5 -> 2/19
    2 -> 3/19
    2.5 -> 4/19
    3 -> 5/19
    3.5 -> 6/19
    4 -> 7/19
    4.5 -> 8/19
    5 -> 9/19
    5.5 -> 10/19
    6 -> 11/19
    6.5 -> 12/19
    7 -> 13/19
    7.5 -> 14/19
    8 -> 15/19
    8.5 -> 16/19
    9 -> 17/19
    9.5 -> 18/19
    10 -> 19/19
    Multiply your DPI (bottom of mouse) by that. So for me the razer driver was set to 3.5 and DPI at 1800:
    Code:
    1800 * (6/19) = 568.421053
    And just insert this as your m_cpi cvar and into the formula for calculating your new sens.
    I think QL accepts a float value but I'm not sure, thank razer for using a scale of 19.

You can find your razer sensitivity setting in the registry editor (regedit) under [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse\Abyssus] (at least on XP). It's called OFASensitivity and ranges from 0 to 18 (thus 1 to 19).

Hope this helped someone.

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    can u riddle my mousesettings?

seta cg_fov 100

seta sensitivity 4
    seta cl_mouseaccel 0.1

seta cl_mouseAccelPower 2
    seta cl_mouseSensCap 10
    seta cl_mouseAccelOffset 6
    seta m_yaw .022
    seta m_pitch .022
    m_cpi 0

my mouse is a ie3.0 (no driver)m runs at 500hz, windows 6/11

Riddle them?

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    so the ie3.0 has 400dpi. that means what. what do i use as m_cpi and why? iiiuc u can set "sensitivity" as a value in centimeters, or not?

+ Reply to Thread