+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Rocket Launcher- Aim and Dodging

Junior Member Death_Star_Gone is on a distinguished road
    I have a problem where I shoot for my opponents' knees, then end up hitting the ground midway between me and them...
    and there's a lot of cases where in DM6, in the Mega pit, they'll circle strafe around me, and though I'm shooting a bit ahead, i get no hits. HELP?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Can you provide a demo?

You can set cg_autoAction to 1 and it will automatically record your games.

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    If enemy has considerably lower ping then you, 20-33ms+ lower then you, you have to sort of aim behind them as they are travelling faster then the server gives you a relevant update to where you see them. In quake 3 the correct thing to do would be to aim ahead as you are doing now, in most cases where movement is involved, but not in ql. Of course in either or any game, the slower enemy moves, the closer to the actual model you can aim, to register hits.

Senior Member T1E is on a distinguished road T1E's Avatar
    Against good dodgers it's always a good idea to wait a bit longer for your shot. Just until his moves become easily predictable again.

From the other pov, always concentrate on dodging first, a good RL hit will push you around and make you too predictable to be missed + it's hard to aim for yourself.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by T1E View Post
    Against good dodgers it's always a good idea to wait a bit longer for your shot. Just until his moves become easily predictable again.
    this technique involves you actually tricking the enemy into thinking that youre going to shoot where hes about to move - them surprisingly nail him when hes moving in opposite direction.

easy ppl have predisctable patterns of dodging. best players require you to wait out their sudden change of direction and then quickly catch up. requires hell of a reflex to do so and also extreme concentration. take into consideration that if a player is a good dodger hes prolly proficient with the game so you have to both do what i said above and keep dodging yourself. this can be extremely difficult to achieve.

on the other hand, on crowded maps sending several rockets on straight corridors such as bridge on campgrounds can net you surprising results. rockets require insane amount of practice to get good at but they hurt. a lot. proficient rocket monkey can rock your world.

rockets take time to arrive on target so a general rule when using rl is to either catch the enemy at mid-close range so he has no time to evade and even if he does he;ll catch some blast damage, or send surprise long range nukes at unexpecting players.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    RL Advice: Only move the mouse when you are going to shoot.

+ Reply to Thread