Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Friends List Issues

Producer SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError will become famous soon enough SyncError's Avatar

Friends List Issues

We have identified the majority of our outstanding issues and have been addressing them internally as we work on our next content update. We have already resolved most of these issues, but I wanted to take a moment to give a statement about issues reported with accepting friends requests.

Currently Chrome users you are unable to accept friends requests. If you are using Chrome or another unsupported browser, you may use a supported browser such as FireFox to accept any friends requests until such time as we fully support Chrome and address the issue.

Senior Member IntoBeing is an unknown quantity at this point
    I would rather not be able to accept friend invites on Chrome than to not be able to invite people regardless of my internet browser. Glad the issues that effect next to no one are being resolved while major issues are completely ignored.

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    use ff for ql and chrome for browse....it cant be simple than that
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member jstn is on a distinguished road jstn's Avatar
    Yay, my friends list works again. Finding duels has gotten much easier.

*ok3r
    I cant get it to work even if I use FF or IE.
    Doesent even get the invite my friend sends me and vice versa.

Though in Chrome I see a window popping up in the lower right corner when he sends me invite but I can't see it in FF or IE.

Any ideas?

*Sm0k3z
    what about the CVAR to disable the displaying of friends coming online and offline while ingame... its been causing major lag spikes to people with a slightly slower pc's... (NB4 buy a new one...) not everyone can afford a new pc every few years..

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sm0k3z View Post
    what about the CVAR to disable the displaying of friends coming online and offline while ingame... its been causing major lag spikes to people with a slightly slower pc's... (NB4 buy a new one...) not everyone can afford a new pc every few years..
    The messages are no more intensive than players chatting or kill messages. As being on the XMPP network is required to play QUAKE LIVE, it's not as simple as disabling the message.

*Sm0k3z
    heres where i have to strongly disagree with u... chat and kill messages dont make a studder... but the friend online/offline stops the game completely for .5 to 1.5 seconds... granted ppl may not think thats much... but when a player is "glitched" and cant fully connect and have to refresh the browser over and over to get "connected" ... if i have to ill broadcast a game live on x fire and have a couple people come online and wait then go back off to show what kind of lagg it puts us people with slightly slower pc's through...

*Shamanic
    What is most surprising about QuakeLive's interface is that in spite of the hype concerning finding and contacting friends, seemingly you cant actually send messages to them without being in a game server.
    Last edited by Shamanic; 08-16-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: doubt of original statement

*Shamanic

Concerning Developer Blog

There is no explanation of what or who this blog is for...I can't make a new thread so... maybe its for developers only, but no its got changelogs which are also for end-users. Ummmmm....look there aren't many threads so its not possible to comment on-topic. Don't get how its of much use I suppose. Whatever.

Closed Thread