+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Start a custom QUAKE LIVE match!

Junior Member iGreeN is on a distinguished road

Start a custom QUAKE LIVE match!

1. Configure Match
    2. Choose Game Type
    3. Select arena
    4. Invite friends

The problem is, whenever you switch game type, the match configurations reset.

It seems logical to keep the "Configure Match" form at the top, so please stop the different game types from resetting the options you have JUST input!

Thanks!

Senior Member Dowser is on a distinguished road Dowser's Avatar
    I don't have a Pro account yet, so I can't test this, but back when the private servers were being tested, the idea was that each game mode had a different set of options. So, if you start a Duel server with XYZ options, then later you start a CTF server with ABC options, then later you go back to start a Duel server again, it should remember the settings from your first Duel server. If this isn't what's happening now, maybe try clearing your browser cache.

Besides, it has to reset itself somewhat; you can't have the same maps for all game modes; e.g., the map selection for CTF is entirely different than the selection for any other mode, so based on that alone, it can't maintain all the same settings when you switch modes.
    Forum Rules || Forum Search || Forum Settings (your control panel) || Technical Support (sticky!) || How to Report a Bug
    “Read more, type less; whine less, play more.”
    Happy fragging!

Junior Member iGreeN is on a distinguished road
    Well thanks for attempting to reason with the system, but I'll provide a screenshot so that you can actually see what I'm talking about.

The "Configure Match" section contains variables that are most likely to differ every single time you create a server. They are not game type options, but server specific options that can, and most probably will differ every time you use them. This is why I mentioned that it seems perfectly logical to keep them in the first section of options (as opposed to choosing a game type first).

What is illogical, is that having these options in the first section, means you are inclined to fill these in before the others. This is completely nullified if you are to then continue onto and complete the second section, only for the settings in the first section to be reset.

I hope I have made myself clear. Take a look at the screenshot for reference.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/3938/startb.png

+ Reply to Thread