+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auto Announce. Help!

*Seglaren

Exclamation Auto Announce. Help!

Hi,
    I was wondering if you can have autoannounce (in team games you pick an item, for example yellow armor, and it automaticly says "Taken Yellow Armor" in teamchat) on Quake Live as you can on Quake 3 Arena. The command is /cg_autoannounce 1 but it doesn't work here on QL. Is it replaced with another command or is it disabled? Help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Seglaren

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Hi,
    you're talking about a command that exists in some mod for quake3.
    Quakelive is based on quake3 itself, they can't just take code from mod authors they either have to write/create things themselves from scratch or form a contract with the original author for use or possession.
    S
    o no I'm afraid it doesn't have anything like that.

Some may argue that it's removing a part of the game and making it too easy, but most remotely serious games are played with voicecoms anyway, so I think it would be a good idea to add for those who don't have the benefit of voice so I'm moving this to the suggestions forum.

*Seglaren
    Okay, thanks for the help and for the quick reply. I appreciate it.

*Seglaren
    So... what exactly am I waiting for and what will happen to this suggestion?

*1NSOMN1A
    many ppl just use a bind with "ITEM TAKEN" in teamchat which also says the position...otherwise i donno

+ Reply to Thread