+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mismatched User State Detected

*g4mbit

Unhappy Mismatched User State Detected

Hi there,

Please suggest something to get rid of the constant:

Mismatched User State Detected error screen. I am logged in, and have the options such as Account Settings, Play Online- yet it has the username and password text boxes at the top still.

The plug-in restarts on every click, and the Mismatched User State Detected comes up about 29/30 times I try to play.

Help?

I have tried on Firefox (3.6.8) and IE 8, same thing. The same thing happens on Chrome even. I have cleared cache, reset IE, restarted PC, etc. to no avail.

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Do you have cookies enabled?
    Just shooting a tip...
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

Member zoxjq is on a distinguished road
    Got rid of this by deleting my recent history nad cache from Firefox. Logged in and out and was all working again

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    He said he has cleared cache already.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

*g4mbit
    Yea, I have cookies enabled.

Here are some screen shots illustrating the problem:

Image 1: I am logged in, but the site wants me to log in again.

http://imgur.com/q0O1B.jpg

Image 2: Everything I click re-loads the site

http://imgur.com/I0lHW.jpg

Image 3: 99% of the time I get this, even though you can see the friend request- It wants me to log in again, and displays the error. The only action possible it to click reload. This just repeats image 2 and 3 until eventually it gets to image 1.

http://imgur.com/XdZgv.jpg

*TentHza
    hey g4mbit

I had this problem too and managed to fix it by clearing cookies manually. Using FF 3.6.8 and first cleared all cookies the usual way. Then went into the individual cookie lists and deleted everything with quakelive and QL that seemed to stay even though I had autocleared. Anyway, it fixed this problem for me although you have to reclear your cookies everytime you play. id's borked something, hopefully they will fix it soon, but this will let you play in the mean time.

*g4mbit
    Hey,

I've found a strange solution. I'm connecting manually (PPPoE) instead of letting the router connect and using it as the gateway. I also changed ISP, which shouldn't make a difference. Bottom line- I can play

Strange problem, stranger solution.

Senior Member warning123 is on a distinguished road
    shockingly i have the same error may i ask from where u are ? because i didnt have any problems when i was in UK , now im in the middle east for vacation and im getting this error from netcafes and in the hotel and also with a friends DSL connection .
    IDSOFTWARE , please help us premiums , im here for vacation and in vacation i like to Quake , atleast in practice mode , ive met Quakers here in Warrior netcafe , and they say that they ping 110 to UK and i dont mind playing on 110 when i had 60ms back in UK.

Junior Member DoomBoy_ is on a distinguished road
    I have the same problem!
    id help the premium users!

*RagsZa
    I have similiar problem. I can clear my cache and cookies, does not matter, restart FF, rince repeat, getting into the game is harder than winning the lotto.

To elaborate. With a clean slate, when I log in 95% of the time, it is as if the page just refresh, nothing else happens. When I on purpose wrongly enter my details, at leasts it brings me to a load screen and usually, to the #login page. What seems to work most than any other method is to select remember password, which sometimes takes me to my page and match browser. When everything is loaded the mismatch error message pops up and I can't do anything. When I am lucky and quick enough I can join a game where one of my friends are. When I manage to do this, there is another error box that comes up asking me if I am sure about leaving the page yada yada, but the game loads non the less and I just leave it.

What was more interesting, was that when I cleared my cache/cookies, rebooted my pc, cleared again, and started ql it gave me that error before login in if I recall correctly.

This is really annoying, and although somehow I managed to get a look around in the browser for a brief moment and enter an arena, as soon as I left the game, the same ol error popped up and thats it. I have had enough trying for tonight.

Using Win XP sp 3
    FF 3.6.8

+ Reply to Thread