+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mouse - heavy or light ?

Member En is on a distinguished road
    Try building muscle

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
    went from a mx510/518 to a microsoft wheel mouse optical, never going back.

i find lightweight much better, especially with mouse accel
    Same.

Also went from Goliathus medium friction to Qck+ lowish friction to Zowie G-TF very low friction. Each time the change has been very positive.

*cuad
    Light mouse ty. Easier to lift.

Senior Member how_do_i_shoop is on a distinguished road
    I'm using a Logitech G3. It's pretty light and small which i prefer and i guess it gives me a bit more precision than the standard microsoft optical mouse as mentioned by someone

Junior Member DarthVectivus is on a distinguished road
    I prefer a heavy mice with high sens and light ones with low sens. Atm I use a mx518 with sens 5 accel 0.5.
    Before I use salmosa with a lower sens but salmosa was just to light for my taste...

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by crucci View Post
    I prefer lighter mice. If I could have a mouse that didn't weigh at all, I'd use it. IMO weight only makes it harder to have consistent and controllable mouse movement across changes in direction and speed. It also adds unnecessary friction. If possible, I'd also have as little friction between the mouse and the pad as when moving my hand in the air.
    Yeah exactly. Also there's the drag of the wire across the table for the WMO which has a horrible bulky wire. I have another mouse that has a really light wire with ZERO drag and it's much lighter overall but unfortunately it gets confused at really high speeds so I can't use it. Even if you have the WMO wire perfectly elevated in front of you there's an imbalance in movement that it causes. When you're aiming it's a really precise thing in a short period so the slightest thing like that can hurt it. I can't imagine using a mouse that's even heavier than the WMO which I find heavy. My other mouse that I find much better weighs only 60g, the WMO 125g while I see 245g for a Zowie mouse here? (though it may be super low friction).

Surely these things are a lot more important than using 1000Hz rather than 250Hz. I even had a look at wireless mice but they seem problematic for a number of reasons.

The reason I got the WMO (again) is because the pros often use it and have used it. But is it safe to assume that the pros are always doing the optimal thing? Maybe they just got used to it out of habit and don't think about it since it's also what other pros use.
    Last edited by quakestreme; 05-08-2011 at 09:02 AM.

Senior Member Fireztorm is on a distinguished road
    light weight as i play wrist

Senior Member crucci is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by quakestreme View Post
    The reason I got the WMO (again) is because the pros often use it and have used it. But is it safe to assume that the pros are always doing the optimal thing? Maybe they just got used to it out of habit and don't think about it since it's also what other pros use.
    Yeah I agree the WMO cord is a bit bulky. I don't really know though how reliable cordless mouses are currently for gaming and whether there's noticeable added delay. It'd be great to use a lightweight cordless mouse that didn't have noticeable added instability or lag.

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fz View Post
    light weight as i play wrist
    40% LG and 42% MG )) Nice.

I'd like to use more arm, but high sens for too long means it's mostly wrist for me too. A few days in and I'm finding the lighter mouse more comfortable and easier to handle. LG tracking seems better, tho not to 40% yet
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member Fireztorm is on a distinguished road
    well, mostly ffa and high acc is easy there xP i use a abyssus, perfect for me

+ Reply to Thread