+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Mouse - heavy or light ?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b1_ View Post
    What's so different with esdf please?
    Not much.. and that's kind of the point. It's almost exactly like WASD except with access to more keys, tab capslock and shift can now be assigned to other things (or the same things and the new keys used for something else) and Q, A, Z, can be used instead.

Also on some keyboards it makes hitting the ALT key with the pinky easier making yet another useful key.

With ESDF vs. WASD one isn't better than the other really, just if you like WASD and find yourself short on keys, ESDF is something to try and might be a good solution.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Pfft, you think small. What we need to do is shorten the distance by space contraction. Contract the space enough and ping becomes a non-issue.
    Sounds good to me as long as there aren't any side effects.

I was discussing known technology though, of which contracting space does not currently belong :-)

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Sounds good to me as long as there aren't any side effects.

I was discussing known technology though, of which contracting space does not currently belong :-)
    http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will...rst-warp-drive

You might have to compensate for time dilation (loltimenudge).

I saw that story when it came out! I was disappointed that it needed so much "exotic matter" ;-(

Senior Member woeste is on a distinguished road woeste's Avatar
    I built a blow-drier into my kinzu and now it kinda floats and feels very light. For extra glide i use KY jelly, though i'm thinking about using silicon based lubricants.

OT: i like light mice (as long as they're not alive).

*owintermuteo
    General rule of thumb, if you are a finger player a light mouse, if you are a palm player, a heavier mouse.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Not much.. and that's kind of the point. It's almost exactly like WASD except with access to more keys, tab capslock and shift can now be assigned to other things (or the same things and the new keys used for something else) and Q, A, Z, can be used instead.

Also on some keyboards it makes hitting the ALT key with the pinky easier making yet another useful key.

With ESDF vs. WASD one isn't better than the other really, just if you like WASD and find yourself short on keys, ESDF is something to try and might be a good solution.
    I guess the advantage of WASD is that it's easier to find the right keys again with your left hand, almost instantly from any position. Also the keyboard seems slightly more stable pressing wasd especially if you press hard and move the keyboard a bit.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

+ Reply to Thread