+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mouse - heavy or light ?

Junior Member sn4pjji is on a distinguished road sn4pjji's Avatar
    just learned english (proof and prove. ahaaa.....)

so.. no... i dimly remember a time when i was investigating mousepads, that teflon feet (mice) on teflon mousepads aren't healthy/good/effortable coz of some reasons. friction something wise? or abrasion wise? coz, same chemical structers act like magnets in(?)/on(?) some cases?
    uhh... i rly can't remember it exactly and i'm not willed to investigate in a false route that is proven false by myself, again.

so it's up to u to get me there again. so i don't know if the the 0.04 is good or bad.

it gets complicated from here on now for me, coz i don't think my english can keep up with scientific terms...

...and i don't think that this part is important, coz i don't use a teflonpad or these fency super low friction mousepads like these plasticpads, glaspads and stuff (as i mentioned: false route proven false). i want friction to a certain degree - i mean i want to stop my mouse when i want to and not slippering around while i try to keep my mouse still whats highly important in many, many situations (u r more skilled - so i guess u got my point already). thats why i use clothpads and i'm highly interested in artisan pads that are providing low friction (plasticpads) and high movement control (clothpads).

...but to get this convo further i first have to read through ur tut's here in the forum and watch ur utube vids what i'm doing already, coz u obviously in knowledge of stuff i'm not.. yet....

but first i need sleep now .. lol .. ^^ ..

later's.

uhh .. just to round this up for now.

i quote u "good hardware will not surely improve u, but bad hardware will surely harm ur performance."

and i say: the strive for perfection is the way - obviously we will neva archieve it (perfection) - but it (the strive) keeps us going. : ]
    Last edited by sn4pjji; 03-11-2013 at 05:42 AM.

*Tsubakii
    I use 47 cm/360 and I love the wheel mouse optical 1.1a how its so light and small, but my sensitivity is too low and it doesnt track how fast i move so I use the G400 but its a little bit heavy

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sn4pjji View Post
    i dimly remember a time when i was investigating mousepads, that teflon feet (mice) on teflon mousepads aren't healthy/good/effortable coz of some reasons. friction something wise? or abrasion wise? coz, same chemical structers act like magnets in(?)/on(?) some cases?
    You'll have to give us a link. I can think of no reason why teflon + teflon would be a problem.

so it's up to u to get me there again. so i don't know if the the 0.04 is good or bad.
    0.04 is the lowest coefficient of friction (static and kinetic) known of any material unlubricated. There is a material called aluminium magnesium boride (BAM) that can achieve 0.02 if it is properly lubricated. Other than that though, 0.04 is the best it gets having two solids in contact with one another.

i want friction to a certain degree - i mean i want to stop my mouse when i want to and not slippering around while i try to keep my mouse still whats highly important in many, many situations.
    That's understandable, but what happens in practice is that your hand adapts to the low friction, and then it becomes difficult to tolerate high friction. Keep in mind that your hand can already stop and start with great precision, just look at hand writing. You could write just as well in the air with no friction from the pen making contact with the paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    You'll have to give us a link. I can think of no reason why teflon + teflon would be a problem.
    i don't have any links anymore (it's like 5-6 years back - spread over many different forums i've read) and as i said i can't be bothered to investigate again. so i will not talk about this anymore until someone else will provide links about that.

0.04 is the lowest coefficient of friction (static and kinetic) known of any material unlubricated.
    ok. accepted. 0.04 is one of the best = good. but doesn't mean that it's good for my performance, i mean the theory sounds awesome, but it doesn't lead to: practice works awesome as well.

That's understandable, but what happens in practice is that your hand adapts to the low friction, and then it becomes difficult to tolerate high friction.
    true 1. but human beeings can adept in either way. it just needs time - sometimes more, sometimes less.

Keep in mind that your hand can already stop and start with great precision, just look at hand writing. You could write just as well in the air with no friction from the pen making contact with the paper.
    true 2. but slippery plastic pads hinder me in precision (starting precision is not the problem here). stopping precision is my problem - i tried to adapt, but couldn't - i overshoot way to much (it's like adding (+) accel, even tho there is non), coz i slip over my stop precision point (target) with my hand most of the time, so that at least i am in need of high friction in that point. (i'm not able to handle it - tried like 3 month - that's enuff, i guess, to figure out that someone is worse/not suited on/for these kinda type of pads - it was highly uncomfortable for me - natural barrier i can't overcome i guess?)

that's why as i said am highly interested in artisan pads.

...just woke up tho and still have a ton to read and watch of Cat.

bbl
    Last edited by sn4pjji; 03-11-2013 at 09:24 AM.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    true 2. but slippery plastic pads hinder me in precision
    Pads like what? Were they teflon?

i slip over my stop precision point (target) with my hand most of the time, so that at least i am in need of high friction in that point.
    Players often lower their sens when switching to very low friction pads for this reason.

(i'm not able to handle it - tried like 3 month - that's enuff, i guess, to figure out that someone is worse/not suited on/for these kinda type of pads - it was highly uncomfortable for me - natural barrier i can't overcome i guess?)
    It might not be for everyone, but it's definitely not something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    Pads like what? Were they teflon?
    neva had a teflon pad.

had Func Industries - sUrface 1030 Archetype MBA-Edition, glidepad big pad (black and white -______- / tried with compad speed fix = hell this was messy and dirty. >_<), icemat (best of these low friction pads imo - still have it - love it kinda, yet can't play on it as well as on my standard pad, but it's not far behind), razer destructor. but where's the point to invest money in the lowest friction pad possible, when u already can't handle higher friction pads like icemat or glidepad?

Players often lower their sens when switching to very low friction pads for this reason.
    yes .. did it and failed, not only coz of my physical inability, but coz of obvious size reasons too.
    ....need space, spaaaaace...... aaaaaaand space for my mid/lowish style of play (looks at steelseries and puretrak)

p.s.: artisan company... make pads bigger (until that i'll wait to buy ur schtuff [looks over to steels. and puretrak again])

It might not be for everyone, but it's definitely not something bad.
    agree. yes. idd. F1

______

OFFTOPIC:

something aside this stuff: learn 10 finger typing - it enhances ur game too. if u don't believe me, learn it first - then i will talk with u about it again (im still learning while im typing in here). u'll automatically drop wasd and pick up esdf by time. ^^

.... hmmhmhmhm.. (C)lan (A)rena (T)utorials ---> CAT's ---> meow!! : D

question: theoretically - if u would be able to perfectly line up electrons like 2 lightyears long and give the first electron an impuls with an info, would the impulse (info) be instantly on the other side? so its like 2x lightspeed then? lolz
    Last edited by sn4pjji; 03-11-2013 at 09:42 AM.

OFFTOPIC:

something aside this stuff: learn 10 finger typing - it enhances ur game too. if u don't believe me, learn it first - then i will talk with u about it again (im still learning while im typing in here). u'll automatically drop wasd and pick up esdf by time. ^^
    I've been using esdf for over a decade.

I'm actually quite good at 10-key, not just because I used it so much when I worked as a pharmacy tech but also because I trained it a bit at school. A few months ago I had to type in a gajillion numbers for some project so I decided to give my 10-key a try. I was able to type really fast without making any errors and really surprised myself. Shocked really, since 10-key isn't something I've done for so many years.

question: theoretically - if u would be able to perfectly line up electrons like 2 lightyears long and give the first electron an impuls with an info, would the impulse (info) be instantly on the other side? so its like 2x lightspeed then? lolz
    No, the impulse would travel close to light speed but not exceed it, so it would take 2 years plus a very tiny bit to complete the journey.

Light speed is quick but not as quick as you might think. For example, the distance between Phnom Penh in Cambodia to an area just northeast of Lima, Peru would be approximately half the earth's circumference or ~20000 km. If you had a fiber optic cable laid over the surface of the earth between those two points and sent a light pulse through it, it would take ~66.7 ms to traverse this distance.

Since ping times are there and back, the ping would be ~133.4 ms. So even if we had the entire surface of the earth fitted with fiber optic cable, such that every point possible was a straight shot, there would still be places where you would be lagged.

A lot of this distance could be bypassed by tunneling through the earth but that would be extremely difficult with conventional technology. However, I read of one experiment that was able to send a message via neutrinos from one point on the earth to another, and these neutrinos travel through solid rock without issue close to the speed of light.

Unfortunately detecting neutrinos is extremely difficult at the moment, but something along these lines could tunnel through the earth at the speed of light. The greatest distance between any two points on the earth (the diameter) is about 12,742 km, which could be traversed at light speed in 42.5 ms (85 ms ping).

Going through the earth would probably be of most help to people in New Zealand wanting to play vs. people in Spain :-P

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Pfft, you think small. What we need to do is shorten the distance by space contraction. Contract the space enough and ping becomes a non-issue.

Member b1_ is on a distinguished road
    What's so different with esdf please?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b1_ View Post
    What's so different with esdf please?
    They're 1 key over to the right from wasd.

But seriously, it's just so you can use closer binds (Like aqwrtgzxcv)

+ Reply to Thread