Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: server kick bug after nickchange

*FreakySkills
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    please don't use the term kicked unless the console actually reports

x was kicked

did they drop/timeout/vanish or were they kicked?
    in fact, he wanted to say that : we got 'disconnected' from server

because : rbmk renamed like 100 times in 2 seconds

resulting in : Stack overflow on server, server starts lagging, connection interrupted and then we get 'kicked' because of the stack overflow, but server dosn't crash and load next map, even if some players can still be in a team or being spec.

it's like the invulnerability bug but instead of server crash, it only kicks some people from server because of stack overflow. you can get such bug if u keep dropping flag to a teammate... it will result in a stack overflow if someone try to join server, the guy trying to join won't be able to join. (i know it's not clear, but try it by yourself, well u know where to report )

delete my post, i have enough infraction forum points.

Junior Member DeltaPi is on a distinguished road
    Had this twice today last one did notice someone had name change. When I try to check stats it wont load the stats and says i quit the game which i didnt. Hope they sort this bug soon.

*Helium23321
    Quote Originally Posted by RBMK1000 View Post
    It happened two times and it's my fault? Eh...
    Changing colors in the nickname is nothing that kicks other players. You're talking about /callvote kick <playername> I suppose.

PS: In both matches you linked above you were in the winning team. And you say everyone was kicked, except you. Hmm...
    Is it possible to have RBMK1000 removed from quake?
    He just did it again. Changing nick that resulted in everyone being kicked from the game. Game was on 28-4-2011.
    On my profile. this is the game:
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/s...9031fd90/ctf/1

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    you are calling for disciplinary action against a player.

The only way to get this is to have evidence (a demo) and submit it to the support system, I only left this thread up to try and gather information about a possible bug.

Junior Member RBMK1000 is on a distinguished road
    I noticed that this issue only seems to affect servers that are packed with cheaters, tier slummers, winning team joiners, team stackers, people who never switch teams even if it's 8v1, or people who stop capping at a score of 7:0 and spend the remaining 15 minutes of the match fragging the sh*t out of everyone, so they get more frags for their precious stats.

Isn't it behavior like that, that screws the gaming experience for everyone else?
    Isn't it even more funny that exactly these kind of people, like FreakySkills aka rootsra (who seems to be proud about having created dozens of accounts), come here and complain about it? That's quite hilarious actually.
    Last edited by RBMK1000; 04-28-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    exploiting a bug is exploiting a bug no matter your personal reasons for it.

This forum is for bug reports, it sounds a lot like you're exploiting a bug.

closed.

Closed Thread