Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: server kick bug after nickchange

Member be_quiet is on a distinguished road

server kick bug after nickchange

the user rbmk1000 was now on two servers as spectatort and changed his nick 1000 times per second in other colors.

normal he have to be flood kicked from the server but only players are playing get kickt. only me and aequal staying on the server and dont get kicked but the rest from the players in blue and red team get kicked and rbmk1000 was spec.

game he spec and do this

http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/m...9031fd90/ctf/1

this game he was spec too and do the same but there other players reconnect.

http://www.quakelive.com/#!profile/m...9031fd90/ctf/1
    Last edited by be_quiet; 04-26-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Senior Member Kemocisko is on a distinguished road
    I just posted the same issue five minutes earlier But I didn't associate it with the nick color changes by that player. Maybe that's the problem

Junior Member RBMK1000 is on a distinguished road
    It's not my fault, my QL also crashed, just wanted to report it and saw your thread.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RBMK1000 View Post
    It's not my fault, my QL also crashed, just wanted to report it and saw your thread.
    one user can't connect twice, you can't even be logged into the website twice. But if they get cut off/crash a zombie client will take a while to time out from a server.

rofl not your fault? u do the colornickchange and then the server kick some players. i think u do this very deliberately. no other games i see this only when you on and the server didnt kick any players before.

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    oh, you were not clear in your post at all, you're saying you think his rapid nick colour changes is forcibly causing other users to drop?

please submit a demo to support@quakelive.com if you can.

Junior Member RBMK1000 is on a distinguished road
    It happened two times and it's my fault? Eh...
    Changing colors in the nickname is nothing that kicks other players. You're talking about /callvote kick <playername> I suppose.

PS: In both matches you linked above you were in the winning team. And you say everyone was kicked, except you. Hmm...

yeah he changes nickcolor so rapid that other players get kicked and i saw this now 2 times. normal server says flood and kick the spamer but not at this time.

have send 2 demos

@rmbk1000 I say me and 1 other dont get kicked not only me alone. read what i write AND the games are running so no callvote kick can be done.

in the first game basesieg me and 1 teammate didnt get kicked and on ironworks me and 1 enemy didnt get kicked.and that after you change nickcolor rapidly.

On ironworks u change nick rapidly then players get kicked then u change nick to your normal blue/yellow nick i see u many times before and then it goes rapidly again. why is it rapid--slow-rapid when not u do this?
    Last edited by be_quiet; 04-26-2011 at 09:41 AM.

please don't use the term kicked unless the console actually reports

x was kicked

did they drop/timeout/vanish or were they kicked?

Senior Member Kemocisko is on a distinguished road
    'Server command overflow' - that was the message

Closed Thread