View Poll Results: QUAKE-LIVE for android and iOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • hell yeah

108 78.26%
  • nah

28 20.29%
  • I don't know much about computers to try this

2 1.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: quake live plugin for android.....I want to see it what about you guys

Banned jigglywiggly is on a distinguished road jigglywiggly's Avatar
    do want, it would be great to spec

Senior Member xwind is on a distinguished road
    Quake on reaaaallllyyy slloooooowww Android's virtual machine Dalvik, lol kids - you've made my day.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xwind View Post
    Quake on reaaaallllyyy slloooooowww Android's virtual machine Dalvik, lol kids - you've made my day.
    Well, the Kwaak3 project made ioquake run pretty well under Android. It should be possible to run wolfcam on it to watch QL demos. That would be nice.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

I admit that Nvidia Tegra 100500 and 10+core ARM can handle quake even on Dalvik (besides, I personally think that Android will be optimized in the future, or better to say android is the future; except for some specific tasks where Win8 rules).
    But I could never understand the need of watching demos on cellphone, maybe it's some modern trend, ok. Why not to export best moments of your (or not your) game to video file and copy it to cellphone (upload somewhere?) to show it to friends or whatewer?. Or is it like on youtube, where every 2-nd guy uploads tonns of uselees videos? Ok, maybe I am too old to get it.
    Imagine for a while you playing Quake on cellphone with some bluetooth keyboard and mouse, or with some touchscreen keyboard, or even accelerometer. We are still speaking about high skill competitive game with complicated movement and not easy aiming techniques, right? Maybe angrybirds online suits better for this purpose? As for speccing using cellphone, i would say if QL had GTV then it would be not a bad idea. Otherwise all major events are streamed, and can be watched on quite any mobile device.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xwind View Post
    But I could never understand the need
    Oh, there is no need Its more like a "I want because its possible". Don't know when I watched the last demo since there are streams and VODs for everything. Its worse, but more convenient.
    I wasn't talking about actually "playing" on some mobile handset. I'm totally with you that it just can be stupid.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

10 char

Member Eldrek is on a distinguished road
    I would definitely play QL on my android tablet when on the go.. With a mouse and keyboard of course.

*Gravitoid
    QL on a TF201 with the KB + mouse would rock. I won an IPad at my company xmas party & it sukt. Returned it and swapped for a TF101. Kept it for the 14-day return period and loved it before returning it and am waiting for the TF201(Prime) to hit Best Buy - hopefully this weekend.

BTW, did ASUS really think Hasbro would let them get away with that? They've had no choice but to allow "Transformer" and "Optimus"(LG), but "Transformer Prime" kinda seems to be really trying to steal some thunder.

But yeah, after Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, I think FPS on the TF201 would do quite well. With the optional KB and a good mouse one should be able to frag just as well as on most PCs.
    Last edited by Gravitoid; 01-04-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Member fabrux is on a distinguished road
    thats for cell phone?

*Perrix
    Also android has been sucessfully ported for x86 processors and in cheap-o cases it runs better than windows, thus creating a reason to install android on a full pc its obviously going to use less background resources leaving the game to the rest..

Also great for wifi hoppers for keeping costs down but QL isn't so great with 3G BBDongle so users should be able to choose whether they play against 3G/Android users

+ Reply to Thread