View Poll Results: QUAKE-LIVE for android and iOS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • hell yeah

108 78.26%
  • nah

28 20.29%
  • I don't know much about computers to try this

2 1.45%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: quake live plugin for android.....I want to see it what about you guys

Member DTBlud is on a distinguished road
    I'd like to play on my tablet too, i'm sure a dual core tegra and 1gb ram can handle it with a bluetooth kb and mouse but - it ain't gonna happen:

Thank you for contacting the QUAKE LIVE Support Team.

We do not currently support mobile devices or tablets, and at the moment have no future plans to.

The QUAKE LIVE Support Team
    Sasparillo

Member DoktorTeeth is on a distinguished road
    No reason it shouldn't run on multi core smartphones. after all, all it needs is a decent touch screen control system. As mentioned there are already pretty good ports of q2-4. It's negative thinking people like you that shut down ideas before anyone even considers the big picture

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DoktorTeeth View Post
    No reason it shouldn't run on multi core smartphones. after all, all it needs is a decent touch screen control system. As mentioned there are already pretty good ports of q2-4. It's negative thinking people like you that shut down ideas before anyone even considers the big picture
    QL is miles more PC demanding than Q3 and both games have to be played with 125 fps (not 60 not 30) to be really enjoyed. Because of those 2 aspects it's simply not worth it doing all the work needed, and that's even considering the best case scenario in which people find it playable with touch screen (it isn't).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member xwind is on a distinguished road
    all it needs is a decent touch screen control system
    Khm-khm, man, have you seen the input lag on android??? It's awfull. Even an Ipads input lag is a bit uncomfortable. If you dont believe me download some piano and try to play together with smb using touchscreen.

Junior Member p1ants is on a distinguished road
    You might try installing ubuntu on your android, supposedly they came out with a 'hassle free' way to install. http://www.ubuntu.com/devices/android
    Been lookin at the nexus 7, would love to play QL with microhdmi or somthin.

edit: NM reading the website further its not quite released, wish they'd hurry. Steam out with Linux beta too. :/
    Guess you could always root and install linux.
    Last edited by p1ants; 01-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Junior Member EpikWin is on a distinguished road

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    I'd be happy with an app that would allow me to log in into my QL account and chat with friends online.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Isn't there a XMPP client for android? I think I read years agoi that some ppl managed to get QL chat working with Jabber or smth.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    Isn't there a XMPP client for android? I think I read years agoi that some ppl managed to get QL chat working with Jabber or smth.
    Yeah, I've gotten it to work as well. The only issue was that the in-browser chat screws up while using the Android portion. Other than that it worked out fine.

Junior Member EpikWin is on a distinguished road

+ Reply to Thread