+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tier 4.

Member chino3000 is on a distinguished road
    Problem is not that T4 is too difficult .. problem is, that when you become T4 and try to get better, "real" T4 players will kick you because you are not good enough. they blame you because they lose the game and due to that they lose ELO.
    They even remember your name if you maybe had a really bad day so they kick you just the second you join.

I personaly blame ELO for it, people are too focused on it.
    people dont try to make their best game anymore, they just wanna win games or better to say dont lose games!
    so this is why many people ("ELO-watchers") leave the game before it ends (and they would lose then) so there is no ELO loss.
    but i think you all know this, dont have to tell you.
    since i signed up PRO this problem became even worse!!!
    in fact i am a bit anxious before joining a game because i dont want to be THE reason why my team doesnt win.
    unfortunately this is the reason why i wont sign up PRO again.

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    It would help if QL ranks wasn't just win/loss.

Whatever though. I don't bother weaker players for joining and I'm very much against people who do.

Senior Member Latvietis is on a distinguished road
    Elo? Really? I'm pretty sure that's exactly what people don't care about. For me, I've been 1600ish elo from like April and I was just t3 then. Now I'm 200 skill rating and still 1600 elo only elo whiners I've seen are the lower skilled players (<100) from then on its all about skill rating. But from my experience all of the real Top players don't give a damn about stuff like that.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 10-21-2013 at 01:09 PM.

Senior Member d3phx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by metapsy View Post
    Indeed, it's amazing how these /cv kick comes fast nowadays.

Woa, that team elo thing is even more broken than I thought!

I rarely blame the 'weakest' player after a defeat, because I didn't expect anything from him so his performances can't be disappointing or whatever.

However I'm often pissed off at the other teammates, the so called good players who played that game for years and couldn't even adapt to a common situation and carry a single 'newb' on their team... Here is the real fail.

Those guys could ask themselves what they did wrong, learn from that mistake, and actually improve, but it's easier to find a scapegoat and to kick him. Problem solved. Then they can continue to play brainlessly, just like they did, and expect to win anyway.
    you're just blaming the "good" players for playing their best and losing because 1 player that doesnt belong in tier 4 cant put out enough damage for it to be an even game. carrying is plausible when you have a player capable of doing at least 200 damage every round before he dies. it's very difficult to carry someone who cant put out at least that much damage every round without putting your entire team on the chopping block while you sit back and bait for rail shots and dont take any damage in the process.

it's not as easy as you think to pick up the slack when someone that blows really hard joins a game that was even to begin with and the other team gets the better player.

edit: the people you're talking about probably dont need to "ask themselves what they did wrong and learn from the mistake." its more likely that what they need to do is bait their team so they're stacked at the end of a round and win against low hp opponents, which will eventually lead to the bad player coming back to these forums and making a new thread complaining about how teamwork in tier 4 CA sucks, and then people like you will post more idiotic opinions about why tier 4 sucks.
    Last edited by d3phx; 10-20-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Member chino3000 is on a distinguished road
    because 1 player that doesnt belong in tier 4
    if QL rates you T4 you are T4 .. saying "1 player doesnt belong in T4" is senseless because the skillrating algorithm or whatever puts you T4.
    but T4 means sv_skillrating from 75 to endless ... maybe here is the problem?!
    what if T4 begins at sv_skillrating 100? i read that they tried it this way and it didnt work out well, true?

i personaly know that i am not good enough yet to play PRO games.
    yesterday i joined about 10 games and checked the sv_skillrating and it was all above 350 .. im not even close to 350!
    i think there are a lot T4 beginners thinking/feeling the way i do.

to get it straight: i dont wanna complain about "good" players wont let me play with them cuz i suck, its really not that!
    i just wanna play people that or not 1000% better than me because this way i do not learn anything (besides it is not fun to play ).

maybe the QL programmer guys or whatever read this thread and think about it coming to a solution perhaps.

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    I don't know much about CA 4v4+, I dislike it, and I'm terrible at it, but I hope it is well known that the perma 200/100 last man standing who hits fine, gets all the frags, and has the best net damage, is actually the guy who makes your team lose.
    agree 100 percent with that - but imo the scoring system fosters such behaviour. i had many ca-games, done the same dmg or even more than rank 1 on my team, but cuz he had triple (or even more!) my kills, he had much more scoring. so i had say 40 score and that dude around 60, no matter if team won or lost. i met such guyz one on one, they have double or even triple my skillrating but i just bruzel them down in one-on-one-combat. such guyz score big in ca tru their hiding attitude and get high skillratings but some of them r totally overrated. imo the best way to get this last man standing attitude out of ca games would be simple: just give score for given dmg, not for kills. to kill fullstacked 3 enemies who r well hurt, with only a few hp left, is no skill at all. everyone can or should be able to do it.

btw i remember a match i played a few days ago. ca, 3 on 3. after detecting such hiding behavior i chatted to my other teammate and we did - also hidin, but together, no more bigscores for the other dude
    Last edited by drohne; 10-21-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Junior Member xEnzo is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by d3phx View Post
    you're just blaming the "good" players for playing their best and losing because 1 player that doesnt belong in tier 4 cant put out enough damage for it to be an even game. Carrying is plausible when you have a player capable of doing at least 200 damage every round before he dies. It's very difficult to carry someone who cant put out at least that much damage every round without putting your entire team on the chopping block while you sit back and bait for rail shots and dont take any damage in the process.

It's not as easy as you think to pick up the slack when someone that blows really hard joins a game that was even to begin with and the other team gets the better player.

Edit: The people you're talking about probably dont need to "ask themselves what they did wrong and learn from the mistake." its more likely that what they need to do is bait their team so they're stacked at the end of a round and win against low hp opponents, which will eventually lead to the bad player coming back to these forums and making a new thread complaining about how teamwork in tier 4 ca sucks, and then people like you will post more idiotic opinions about why tier 4 sucks.
    amen sir.!!!

Senior Member Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough Limbless_Pony will become famous soon enough
    Quote Originally Posted by metapsy View Post
    I had mostly 'CTF with a tier 3 player' in mind whereas you're describing 'CA with a total newb'.
    A tier 3 player in CA will do less damage than the rest of the team.
    A tier 3 player in CTF will steal important items, block your escape routes, take weapons in front of team PU carrier and generally act both as a hindrance to you and as an additional enemy player (except you can't kill him).

Oh, and it's not me "doing something wrong" and in need of learning from "my mistakes" when some newbie messes up the entire balance of the match. I admit kicking is quite a harsh solution, but really, do you expect people to patiently sit through two hours of idiocy until finally the stubborn T4-but-not-quite-there-yet-skillwise decides to leave on his own accord and they can finally have a match that isn't just plain ************* ** ****? Democratic voting system is there for a reason, especially when pubs are concerned.

PS. I wonder if there is a swearword that looks like that when filtered... oh well, shouldn't matter to some people

Senior Member tomlin is on a distinguished road tomlin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Limbless_Pony View Post
    do you expect people to patiently sit through two hours of idiocy until finally the stubborn T4-but-not-quite-there-yet-skillwise decides to leave on his own accord
    Yes, actually, I do. What is this player supposed to do otherwise? Not play at all? They obviously can't join a tier 3 game anymore. Hate the game, not the player!

Senior Member drohne is on a distinguished road
    Yes, actually, I do. What is this player supposed to do otherwise? Not play at all? They obviously can't join a tier 3 game anymore. Hate the game, not the player!
    if someone is FAR outskilled and not ready to leave server by his own choice after doing one or two matches its kinda self-defence and health-saving (rage increases blood-pressure quick) to kick him
    what he can do!? simple, he can for example look up average skillrating on a server he joins and search for one that is not way too HIGH and suits better for him.
    if i join a ca-server where the skillrating is letz say 500 i spec and learn or leave in a rush, cuz i know iam in the wrong place to compete
    Last edited by drohne; 10-21-2013 at 12:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread