+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: switch back Instagib to not counting in win/loss stats

Junior Member sevenup1 is on a distinguished road

Exclamation switch back Instagib to not counting in win/loss stats

After the switch to unranked instagib counting in your win/loss match stats there has been a substantial increase in people quiting the match if their team is loosing, and there is then zero insentive for people to switch to then balance the teams. Simply because people don't want added losses to their stats.

It used to be that you could just play win and have fun in instagib, even against people who are very good compared to you simply because it didn't matter if your team lost because it simply didn't count. But now it has all changed it has taken the fun from it and now all you can play for is to win, no fun, it has all gotten very choresome.

I emplore you to switch instagib back to being completely unranked and at the very least not applied to the stats.

Thank you for reading.

*LoRd_DaVeR
    F1 instagib ruin stats or make them better and people want this second one so they swith teams as higher it been metioned
    F1 F1 F1 !!!

Senior Member sarx is on a distinguished road sarx's Avatar
    While you are definitely entitled to your opinion and id should listen to all. I would offer this counter point:
    Leave it the way it is. One quick advantage of it is that people will quit less in the middle of a game. While probably not much a deterrent, it does help to avoid people from quitting at the first sign of loss. It is frustrating to try and have an insta game only to have the teams switch around, become unbalanced, and change constantly.

The new stat/record keeping system for insta lends it more credibility in the QL mods. I think it was a long time coming and the insta community, albeit very small, is appreciative of the change (at least I am )

Senior Member regurge is on a distinguished road regurge's Avatar
    you have the same problem with all weapon mods ... i think its better to discipline quiters, 5 quits during a game means automatically -5 or -10 wins in the stats

Member Dynamix is on a distinguished road
    It's a bug, should be fixed next update.

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Instagib is not unranked anymore, thus it counts in your stats.

@Dynamix: No, it's not a bug. It has been confirmed that instagib is now ranked. The only bug here is that it's still marked with an "unranked" icon, and it's still called "unranked instagib", but it's "officially" ranked since the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

Member RisenOne is on a distinguished road
    F1.
    The only thing that could be nice (and harmless) to keep is the "time played" record.

Senior Member pr0mega is on a distinguished road pr0mega's Avatar
    i think its great they made it ranked.

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    Quit less Aim better with Railgun Its What alot of players have been waiting for Thanks for making it Ranked [id] and how it should have been from day one. anyone disagree's then how about we make All other mods Unranked but leave instagib Ranked =p Sound fun ? lol

Move Forwards Not Backwards
    Last edited by Turbulence; 08-17-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Member Dynamix is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarklar View Post
    Instagib is not unranked anymore, thus it counts in your stats.

@Dynamix: No, it's not a bug. It has been confirmed that instagib is now ranked. The only bug here is that it's still marked with an "unranked" icon, and it's still called "unranked instagib", but it's "officially" ranked since the update.
    Oh really, fair enough then.

+ Reply to Thread