+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: AutoAction Demo Record Fails to Record Demo [merged thread]

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    It happened in my second game after the last update, very likely that I was going window mode and full screen in warmup, just as kry.

Also only last week two demos stopped recording when I went to window mode and back in paused game.

Might be a factor that fast restart isn't implemented on Linux and it's automatically vid_restarting all the time.

Junior Member sym is on a distinguished road
    this bug has seriously been around forever, even since beta it's happened
    it's mindblowing how they have been able to ignore it for so long

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    It sometimes tells me its recording the demo but never reaches my computer. But I still get the SS, autoaction "3"
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

*function9
    Still happening and for a match that I would've really liked to have had recorded. Fortunately I got what I needed from the previous match on the same server.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Still a problem, still vid_restart is a possible cause (or one of them). Still "record <demoname>" in the console in every second game.

Member Drayan is on a distinguished road
    It was a year ago last Sunday that this thread was started and the bug is still present. Ridiculous.

Member Niezbo is on a distinguished road
    My 5th match hasn't been recorded with cg_autoaction "3"
    that wasnt important... but my briliant "round draw" on Quarantine wasn't recorded too.
    I will never forgive.
    ppl who disbalanced teams:
    naity; _Smd; d3w10n; onager; Guiro; xGaGax

Junior Member amOKchen is on a distinguished road
    I just played five TDM matches, and only four demos was recorded with autoaction 3.
    Funny that all five screenshots was taken.

The demo I was missing was from hiddenfortress, its not the first time I notice a demo is missing from that map. Anyone else got that, or is it cooincidence?

*NightViolet
    Faced with this too. I had a funny moment in CA when I had fragged 3 people with one rocket. And then I saw no demo in my folder. Really frustating, isn't it? Thank god I've managed to record my air rocket on dm13.
    And recording or non-recording doesn't depend on which map or gametype I play. So, until the problem is solved, I'm using record binds and watching if the demo is recorded automatically.

It definitely doesn't depend on map being played. I lose demos from all maps and modes. There was a time when readying up too fast caused recording not starting, but now it's something else (vid_restart?)

+ Reply to Thread