+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: AutoAction Demo Record Fails to Record Demo [merged thread]

Member nuclearsquirrel is on a distinguished road
    I've noticed some weirdness with autoaction as well. Not just not recording games but also stopping in the middle of games. The one decent duel I played versus zero4 stops at like 3 minutes into the demo. Sucks.

Banned xdc is on a distinguished road xdc's Avatar
    its better to simply bind
    bind f9 "stoprecord;record;screenshotjpeg"
    show recording msg

record anytime u want, i also dont like how it names the demos i prefer demo002, etc

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar

Autorecord/Autoscreenshot Changed since 12/14 update?

I used to get demos/screenshot with detailed names including the date and the map automatically...

Now i get errors when the demo attempts to begin recording and no demo ultimately ends up getting recorded.

Along with this the screenshot simply says 000 or 001 as the name instead of the names including the same map names and dates..

What the hell?
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

*NeeH
    No problem here Boss! (wish u gl with fixing ur problem)

*expilicious
    I've got the same issue. Not all games are being recorded.

Junior Member ph0enX is on a distinguished road

Demos, few not recording

Demos, Few dosent record, dosent happend to often but its a bug.
    If this would happend in a cup/league and the enemy request a demo from a player and not having it cause of QL, wooahhhhhh.

Alright, this happend again on the same day but this time the game was aborted, so we started over. But this time the abort demo is there on 1min long and the real game didnt record at all, *** :<
    Last edited by ph0enX; 01-15-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    Long know bug and very anoying because it always dont records if u got a nice frag ^^

Banned xdc is on a distinguished road xdc's Avatar
    i think it doesnt record when you join a game already in session too, simpler to just
    bind "key ""stoprecord;record;screenshotjpeg" with the demo message showing so you know what demo is what
    or keep screenshot in separate bind

Senior Member kryty will become famous soon enough kryty's Avatar
    Today I played 1 duel and tried to send the demo, but it wasn't there. I have autoaction 3 & it recorded all the games before and after.

I think that the reason is that I had to go windowed mode because my keys were bugging. The game reloaded after I went to windowed and again when I went back. (ctrl + 3 = esc and so on.. ubuntu.. have a shell script to disable ctrl + X combinations. Not an issue of QL, but if you have the same problem, here's the solution).

Used Ubuntu 10.10 with Prism for that game.
    Last edited by kryty; 04-14-2011 at 02:11 PM.
    My greasemonkey scripts
    [ Linkify Quake Live chat links ][ Chat in Quake Live Welcome screen ][ All Quake Live chat messages to left ]
    [
    Quake Live Custom map launcher ][ Windowed mode background color changer and white box remover ]

[If you approve my efforts in the message above, +rep me : ) (the star/badge on lower left corner of the message)]

Senior Member Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo has a spectacular aura about Yakumo's Avatar
    it's caused by a malformed command or demo name, if/when it happens you'll probably see
    record <demoname>

in the console, hopefully they'll track it down from that and fix it now.

+ Reply to Thread