+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoAction Demo Record Fails to Record Demo [merged thread]

Junior Member esh is on a distinguished road
    happened again today...played 3 matches, middle match not recorded; same server, no map change, just ready up when opponent joins. i posted in the thread from 3rd link...almost 2 months ago. if they hadn't deleted the forum db from major release in august, there would be many more threads describing the same issue since the command was implemented.

and autoaction (was autorecord when first came out and just as broken) in fact does record everything, even when just joining a server while a match is in progress. my demos folder is littered with half games from other people.

Junior Member esh is on a distinguished road
    so here i am again, playing 4 consecutive games on same server and again, the second match is not recorded; no map change, no starts then stops, no timeouts, noone disconnected even. this is the most consistent it's ever been. maybe someone will pay attention? feedback? hello?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by esh; 10-21-2010 at 06:22 PM.

Member perpetual_war is on a distinguished road
    + fix it already

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Just lost another match...
    I'm sure I lose a lot but I only notice one or two when I want to rewatch a demo right after the match and I can't find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

Junior Member Jaz is on a distinguished road

Demos

Sorry if this has been posted before, but not all my demos are being recorded. Unless I type /record xxx to make sure it'll record, demos I leave quakelive to record by itself aren't always recording. I've missed quite a few demos already, and I'm just concerned about this in the future just incase I forget to type /record xxx that one of my maps played do not record and the other team request demos. Anyone else getting this?

Operating system is Windows 7 32bit.

Senior Member Dowser is on a distinguished road Dowser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xen0n_ View Post
    if u don't press F3 myseft no demo is recorded.
    Interesting; I've never noticed that correlation. I wonder if that's really all that's causing it.

All I've noticed about this bug is that on the instances when the demo doesn't record, when the match is counting down to begin, the console will have a message specifying the syntax of the record command (as if you had tried to tell it to record to an invalid filename).
    Forum Rules || Forum Search || Forum Settings (your control panel) || Technical Support (sticky!) || How to Report a Bug
    “Read more, type less; whine less, play more.”
    Happy fragging!

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dowser View Post
    Interesting; I've never noticed that correlation. I wonder if that's really all that's causing it.
    Nope, he's wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

Junior Member ZeriouS is on a distinguished road
    happened to me too :/

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar

autorecord randomly not recording games

My demo directory did not have other demos in it on the same map.

Each of these games had a healthy pre-game before hand.

These were clan arena games.

One was on dm6, the other on Almost Lost.

I have autoaction set to 1.

Plenty of diskspace, windows XP, Internet Explorer, problem did not exist before last update. In each case when the match ended the console stated "Not recording a demo", so a stoprecord request was issued.

I will try to remember a condump next time I experience the issue to see if there are any errors. I often clear the console text though out of habit.

+ Reply to Thread