+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: AutoAction Demo Record Fails to Record Demo [merged thread]

Banned DCR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    It works for these matches, Danstar.

That problem also occured to me. I still don't know what caused it but it could be because I had barely 4 GB left on my harddrive.
    That wouldnt be it. I've played QL from a ramdrive at 4gb. Which is awesome btw.

Junior Member ninjakenny is on a distinguished road
    The times I've noticed this seemed to have more to do with post-match server kicks than anything else - usually displayed as 'flooding'. It's reasonably common (for me) when, say, a high pop duel server has a wide skill min/max and tries to map rotate. Less common in CA but following the same principle. My experience anyways.

*Xen0n_
    Every time i join, a FFA ... and people are ready, the countdown is like 5, 4, 3 ... if u don't press F3 myseft no demo is recorded.

Member Leadcore is on a distinguished road
    Have seen this happen at least twice to me. Autorecord all my other demos just seem to be missing random ones. Scary thing is you know its skipping more demos that we know about, because its only on certain occasions that we even go in to 'pick' out a particular demo.
    Last edited by Leadcore; 09-10-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Junior Member esh is on a distinguished road

not all demos being recorded still.....

is this issue ever going to be fixed? autorecord doesn't have an appropriate bitmask to only record games in which i'm playing but i can deal with that. what is annoying is that not all matches that i do play in are being recorded. i played two consecutive games on same server and only the first was recorded. no callvotes, no auto map rotation switches, nothing. sometimes it works, sometimes not.

i know there have been threads about this, which i've posted in, but since searching for posts based on username returns a blank white page i'm starting a new thread.

point is, fix this ****. it's been well over a year....

Senior Member Ouxouiga is on a distinguished road Ouxouiga's Avatar
    Have a look at this thread:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...4267#post44267

Some of it (at the end) is to do with recording demos.

Or just set this:

Junior Member esh is on a distinguished road
    that has nothing to do with anything i'm talking about. i know how to use autorecord. my point is that it is not working properly, and hasn't since it was implemented.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by esh View Post
    is this issue ever going to be fixed? autorecord doesn't have an appropriate bitmask to only record games in which i'm playing but i can deal with that. what is annoying is that not all matches that i do play in are being recorded. i played two consecutive games on same server and only the first was recorded. no callvotes, no auto map rotation switches, nothing. sometimes it works, sometimes not.

i know there have been threads about this, which i've posted in, but since searching for posts based on username returns a blank white page i'm starting a new thread.

point is, fix this ****. it's been well over a year....
    The "callvotes and map rotations" aren't part of actual gameplay so they won't be recorded. Only when the match actually starts, will the auto-record trigger, and do what it is designed to.
    The autorecord on your own computer will only record matches that you're in. How could it record any others if it isn't triggered unless you're in a match and the settings are activated. If they aren't being recorded, there must be a settings problem with how the game is installed and set up on your computer. Myself and 99% of others can record matches without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by esh View Post
    that has nothing to do with anything i'm talking about. i know how to use autorecord. my point is that it is not working properly, and hasn't since it was implemented.
    No need to get ****** about it!!! People here are just trying to help. It does have something to do with what you're talking about and apparently you don't know how to use it or you wouldn't be having problems and asking for advice on the QL forum.
    And again, it works fine on my computer and the great majority of others', so there is an underlying problem that is probably nothing to do with the game itself.

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    OUXOUIGA, how about you read the first post again slowly, before posting.

esh says autorecord is bugged, and I know that too (as well as many others). We know how autorecord supposed to work and what it is and how to turn it on, that's not what he's talking about. I have some lost games too, which haven't been recorded by autoaction for some reason. It's bugged.

And no, it's not that I just can't find it, before you start explaining me how the files are named and how to search in Windows. The demo was not recorded.
    That's why I made a bind to toggle the recording message. I press it every time I join/start a match to make sure it records. If I don't see it, I start it manually.

It rarely happens, but autoaction really is bugged.

inb4 "0 out of 1 members found this post helpful". It's funny how you click No on every post that you don't understand / argues with you.

OP is right.
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...s-some-matches
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...Autoaction-bug
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...-missing-demos
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...here-s-my-demo
    Last edited by Marklar; 10-23-2010 at 03:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

OK. All points taken.
    Just said that I haven't had any trouble with the auto record, that's all. I just forget to turn it off when I've used it. Then I find 100 demos in the folder...
    And no, I'm not going to explain where files are. You DO seem to know what you are talking/posting about. As do I. Most times. Having been a computer technician for over 20 years, with degrees in support, maintenance, software development, etc...
    I don't click No on every post that I don't understand/argues with me. Just the ones that I don't see that were any help to the original post. I rarely use it at all. Most times, I DO find posts helpful.
    Again... All points taken.

+ Reply to Thread