+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why do people leave the server after the match is over instead of staying there?

*Tomot

Why do people leave the server after the match is over instead of staying there?

Last week I decided to play Quakelive again. I played it first in its initial release phase and it was great, but I had to drop it because I needed to care of other things.

But somehow QuakeLive does not feel the same. If I recall correctly, it used to be more like "stay on the server to fight the same guys all over again on another map, or even the same". Nowadays its more like "leave the server as soon as possible as the game is over". It totally annoys me, that I can't seem to find a decent CA match with full players. Even if I managed to find a 6vs6 match everybody leaves after the game is over. That means the search for a new match begins again.

I have the feeling, that back in the old days, it was more common to stay on a server for a long time and vote for a mapchange(e.g. to play campgrounds all the time). All that has seem to vanished.

Am I doing something wrong? Wrong server time, wrong days of the week? What must I do to find some decent CA matches with the same players all over again, preferebly campgrounds only?

edit: I think I would be better to move this thread to "general discussions"
    Last edited by Tomot; 08-14-2010 at 06:04 AM.

Member calmdown is on a distinguished road
    I've noticed that some people that does leave quickly has a accuracy with LG of like 70-80% or rail with even more, thus they leave fast so people dont notice that they obviously are hacking.

And ofc some people are just mad

Senior Member Raz0rblade is on a distinguished road Raz0rblade's Avatar
    Depends how fair/balanced the match was.

Senior Member Salamatiqus is on a distinguished road Salamatiqus's Avatar
    There is different reasons for this.
    1) Match is over. Players has already played some games on over servers and get tired.
    2) Match is not over but 10 seconds left. Mostly players on loose team will quit to save their win/loss ratio. So if they are trying to keep their stats in "gold state" why they don't think about win+loss/quit ratio? I don't know.
    3) Some players might just time out. Their connection is bad and they left game.
    4) Players on loose team don't want to hear some words from winning team like "n00bs" "yo, u r ma **" and stuff, you know. But if players has posted in chat "gg" and quited, so they just tired or changing server to lowping one
    bind END "quit'

Senior Member Marklar is on a distinguished road Marklar's Avatar
    This new matchmaking system gives a completely different feeling to the game. I do that too, when the match ends I usually leave, maybe stay for 1 more. I can't explain why, but the topic's title is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAimNoName View Post
    You cannot convince someone who does not think.

*Icey_Pain
    Usually I leave because I want to play with different people. It adds to the diversity of the game.

Junior Member Babasjiles is on a distinguished road
    Dont think you should think so much about it does time change. Just enjoy the game and if you want to play campgrounds buy a pro account and make your own game people can join

Junior Member Piry is on a distinguished road
    I never quit before the match actually ends, but I do quit after the match end to play another type of game.
    I like to mix them up.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    I quit after the game for various reasons, the "rage" one being when I feel the skill level of the players there is too varied to give an even game.

Senior Member regurge is on a distinguished road regurge's Avatar
    i am also a highspeed quiter

here are some reasons:

* the game was sooo hard that i need a break
    * someone owned me and i am sooo angry that i leave as fast as possible (after the match) --> thats better than whining
    * i owned but i wont hear the bot and cheater talks
    * too many noobs, another game makes no sense for me
    Last edited by regurge; 08-16-2010 at 09:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread