I'm thinking about playing TDM with some friends again. In the past we played some TDM, but we had no clue how to play it (we were all completely new to this game), so that caused some disappointments, miscommunication, etc... And honestly I still have no clue how to play TDM. On streams you rarely follow 1 person throughout the game, and it usually looks rather chaotic, while such good teams surely have some systematics.
I couldn't find a TDM guide, but I have picked up some clues in the past, but I don't know the complete picture:
- Does everyone in the team cover a specific part of the map (like an item to control)?
- But that seems rigid to me, if one person faces 2 enemies on his spot constantly, he can only fail for 20 minutes.
- Or does the team only focus on a few items (red armor, mega, quad?), and approach those each time in groups? Without any1 having a designated spot?
- How do you communicate in general, what type of stuff should you mention. From my experience the communication often becomes way too chaotic, if everyone is talking about items or frags being taken of lost.
- But I personally find it the hardest (even in CA), to decide when to choose for my own survival, or when to sacrifice myself for the team. I tend to sacrifice myself a lot of times, trying to help someone on the map, but in the end I think it costs the team more than if I would try to stay alive.
Any suggestions are welcome